R.H.

From rec.woodworking:

#296: Potato masher? #297: A push / pull knife used for quick removal of heater and radiator hoses on autos. #298: CV clamp crimper? Spark plug boot puller? #299: Shaving razor? #300: For applying glue? #301: Double sided tubing holder.

Reply to
Mark and Kim Smith
299 = straight razor. Guys with beards still use those for trimming. :-)=

300 = a modern version of a 'fire piston.'

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

R.H. wrote: ) Just added several new pictures: ) )

297 is a gardening tool we owned once, I think it was for removing weeds from between pavement tiles or something.

299 is quite obviously an old-fashioned razor blade.

300 might be some kind of fancy barometer.

301 looks a lot like a wire stripper/crimping tool, that you could use to attach those crimp-on copper plugs.

SaSW, Willem

Reply to
Willem

296 ? 297 - Something to do with sealing windows - I've seen advertised in catalogues, but can't be bothered looking. 298 - Ice cube tongs? 299 - Straight razor for the "George Michael" look? 300 - Didn't load - Turkey baster? 301 - Wire gauge

290 - Insulator for HV pylon

291 - ? 292 - didn't load 293 - Form for espalier plants? 294 - Half finished project (I have lots of these in my shed) 295 - Dunno what they're called, they're wood fasteners, used across a joint
Reply to
bigegg

300. Fancy plastic version of a ancient bamboo fire maker. Works by heat of compression to light a bit of fluff you place in it before whacking down the piston. See:

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

293 is a corn dryer. Seriously. Push em on, watch em dry. Sorta like paint.
Reply to
Mike Rinken

O.K. Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking again:

296) Some sort of embossing tool. The tab on the upper side looks as though it hooks under something to give greater downforce. 297) Look as though it is for ripping something open, though the sharpened edge is in the wrong place for how I would think that it would be used. 298) Looks like a tool for gripping the neck of a chem lab flask, perhaps an Erylmyer(sp?) flask (conical body), or the more common bulb bottomed ones whose name I forget.

It looks as though it is spring loaded to remain closed and a squeeze on the end of the handle opens it.

299) Looks like a straight razor, except for the serrations visible where the sharp edge should be. 300) Looks like a "fire piston". Put something easily burned in the bottom, and shove the piston down as fast and as hard as you can. 301) A reversible crimper or holder. I *think* crimper, and held as it is, it would serve for crimp splicing wires with two-holed terminals. Quite old, in any case.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Reply to
ccmainord
293 - for drying ears of corn???

Wow, I just checked the answers and I was right, I can't beleive it.

Marie

PS I know this has been said before but I just have to restate it...the picture you take are beautiful!

R.H. wrote:

Reply to
Marie Forjan

From RCM.

297 A small contemporary froe
299 looks like a straight razor but the serrated edge would make for a rough shave!

301 is for crimping (swaging) cable fittings. As positioned for oval swages. Flip it around to swage ball shanks.

Reply to
Andy Asberry

299. Straight razor turned into a bread knife. 301. Swaging tool
Reply to
Gary Brady

301. Lineman's splicing tool, for twisting up a Western Union Splice.

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

296. Combover mold. 297. Flowerpot plow. 298. Negaverse scissors. 299. Aussie butter knife. 300. Olive pimento injector. 301. Two words: S & M. Maybe that was three. Whatever.
Reply to
B.B.

97 painters tool 98 icetongs 99 straight razor for thinning hair 301 sleeve twister,normally used in pairs

Don

Reply to
Don Murray