What is it? Set 380

at 9" high, this is probably a salesman's sample.

scott

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

2196- Battery Terminal puller
Reply to
GunnerItch

certain make of sprinkler heads during/after a fire sets them off.

there were a few that used round tube.

joint tool that looks like it as well.

Reply to
Steve W.

2191: To lift pull tabs on cans.
Reply to
aasberry

2193

Paperweight?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

Yes, though I was going to say it was for pop top cans, I guess it would work equally well on pop tops or pull tabs.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

What could possibly possess anyone to load an M16 with blanks? What does it accomplish?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Live trainees.

Mark

Reply to
Markem

OMG, it's not ... a ... not ... an ... iron .. is it? For smoothing clothes? I haven't touched one of those in over 40 years! Yah, I'm a hermit and 'irons' scare me like a vacuum cleaner does...... ;>)} Sometimes I'll drag the shop vac in here when it gets 'bad'. heh heh ... phil k.

Reply to
Phil Kangas

Posting from rec.crafts.metalworking as always:

2191) Strange beastie. Since it seems to be attached to a key ring, it might be part of a link to a belt hook for something line a janitor's or night watchman's keys. The keys will hold in place under normal conditions, but they can be easily detached from the belt at need -- including what once happened to a janitor at a school dorm. He was walking along outside and saw a radiator hanging from one of the upstairs windows. So, he went up there, put his key (still attached to his belt) in the lock and turned -- finding it rather difficult to turn. Then it turned, and he found himself sliding across the room, dragged by the keys attached to his belt.

What had happened was that the room was one of two with a shared door between which could be unlocked from both sides to allow passage between the rooms. This was during summer session, with few students, so lots of empty rooms. Someone wanting to give the current occupant of that room a hard time had:

1) Unbolted the radiator from the steam pipes (summer, so no steam). 2) Tied the radiator to the doorknob by a steel cable. 3) Removed the door's hinge pins. 4) Left via the door to the other room.

He expected his friend/victim to come along, turn the key, and have the door vanish across the room -- not to have a janitor with keys attached to his belt.

The only reason that he was not pulled through the window and down a few floors to the ground was that the door did not fit through the window.

2192) Looks as though it is a tool for drilling a hole in wood from a single side and then extending the hole rather quickly by using the rest of the tool as either a file or a saw depending on which edge was applied. Way too coarse for most metals, though it would work on lead or other soft metals I guess. 2193) A black stone turned into a watch fob?

Perhaps a container for something?

2194) Looks like an industrial version of a dealer's "shoe" for some card game -- Baccarat, perhaps?

Anyway -- intended to deal one card (or whatever) face down from the toe.

2195) A demonstration of complex linkages perhaps? 2169) Looks like a tool for popping out ball joint linkages or something similar.

Might also be used for installing a press fit of some sort in the field -- certainly not in a factory, but perhaps in a garage.

Now to see what others suggest they are.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

If it is lodestone, then the function is as a compass.

This suggests that either the ring is mounted on a low friction bearing, or that it would have to be hung from something like thread to allow sufficient freedom of rotation.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Or for milking cats. (I recommend chain mail gloves. :-)

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Oh. I was in the USAF, and at the qualification range, they were obsessive about range safety.

And how can you train someone to shoot when they can't see where the danged thing is pointed?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

The ring on the top looked like a winding key - is it just for attaching it to your key chain?

Thanks Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

2191 looks like a shell catcher for a semi-auto shot gun.

John

Reply to
John

2193 portable hitching post.

John

Reply to
John

We used them back in ROTC in college when we did field training. You could also get used to the feel of recoil on an M16A1 without actually firing live rounds.

Reply to
Myron Buck

I said Baccarat because I saw it on James Bond or one of the other

60's spy movies at a Baccarat table.
Reply to
kfvorwerk

The photo was taken in a mariner's museum, I don't know how old the item is, my guess is that the ring was used to hang it from a string.

Reply to
Rob H.

Training. It gives the troops realistic sounds without bullets flying around.

Reply to
willshak