Stormin Mormon

This may help: TinyURL was created!

The following URL:

00/00000000/0000000/000000/20000/6000/20 0/26262/26262.strip.sunday.gif

has a length of 110 characters and resulted in the following TinyURL which has a length of 26 characters:

[Open in new window] [Copy to clipboard]
Reply to
Stormin Mormon

#3091 Veneer hammer #3095 watchman clock station

Reply to
Scott Lurndal

It looked familiar and I remembered learning from the answer the concept of moving things around with a claw, but I ultimately did a Google image search to find precisely when I first saw it.

Reply to
Marc Dashevsky

Could 3096 have something to do with wire display shelving, or rotating racks?

I know I've seen them somewhere but can't place them.

Reply to
phorbin

I've shown 3096 to several tool collectors and they think they might be for some kind of milking setup, but I've done some searching and couldn't find any like them. I think we'll get an answer for these in the near future.

The rest of this set have been correctly identified:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Rob sed:

You've got a whole bunch of folks who thought the same (or at least me and Steve and you). The very FIRST thought I had was that it was a milking claw, but I could not find one like it, either.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I'm too late to post my usual guesses, but I see that you did not find one for (3096) as of the time you posted the answers, so I'll suggest that these could be variants on police deployed tire puncturing devices -- strung on a steel cable and stretched across the street. The hollow all the way through would let the air out quickly from the angled puncture projections, and on the bright one, the right angle metal pieces would present the points at an angle to better get a tire. I'm to sure about the bottom (rusted) one, but there may vhabee been something else which went with it to present the points at an angle.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Darn it!

3093 I knew I saw one somewhere, but couldn't remember where or when. In 1960-61 I worked as a part time mechanic for a small local trucking company. I watched this being used to fix truck tire flats with the torch heated vulcanizing patches on the inside of the tire held with this clamp, even used it once.
Reply to
willshak

They're not water "throwers" from an irrigation system?

Reply to
Stanley Daniel de Liver