what is this thing part of? actual metal content

got this from a friend cleaning out extra stuff - I"m trying to figure out what it's part of - is it related to film loading? I haven't seen anything quite like it, but there's a lot I havent seen - the case is probably aluminum, painted gray, the gears are stainless, this is not a cheap item, whatever it is. Military?

Reply to
Bill Noble

Gotta picture of the other side of the device?

Wes

Reply to
Wes

I sent Wes a photo - for anyone else, the other side is very plain - I can send you the photo if you think you have a clue - there is a shaft with a flat on it coming through a boss with an o-ring, nothing else. This was probably bolted to something via the four holes that are visible.

Reply to
Bill Noble

aaah, yes, John - thank you ---- but of course I knew that - the text file describes it has having a vreeder roote counter on it - but my real question, in case you weren't being coy and I am not being dense, is "what was it counting - to what purpose was it employed" - I am hoping that someone recognizes what it was used on so I can try to get it to someone who has one of whatever it goes with - as you note, I certainly don't need a mechanical counter in these days of cheap digital encoders.

Reply to
Bill Noble

In the absence of any actual film sprockets, I'd have to say, congratulations, you've got a counter there. I've got several bulk film loaders, nothing like that's attached.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

It's a counter Bill. The old version of a rotary encoder.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Well Bill, I've seen similar on old box conveyors. This one, however, looks like it's meant to be removed after it counts whatever it's counting. Sorry.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Normally your emails get through to my usenet spam catcher address. Didn't get it this time.

Wes

Reply to
Wes