What is this tool for?

The local used refrigerator store had a cleanup the other day and put some things out in front marked "free". I brought home this tool because it looked like it may be useful. It's made by the Watsco Co. who is listed as a maker of refrigeration tools but I couldn't find anything about it. It has two cutting blades made of steel rule die stock that can be angled. There is a backup pad made of some sort of fibre. Any ideas about what it's for? Engineman

erngineman

I couldn't quite make out the US Patent number on the photo showing it.

If you'd put that number into a Google patent search you'll likely get your answer.

I spent a few minutes fiddling with your image trying 2493517 and a few other guesses, but didn't pull up anything like your pictured tool.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

You can tell for sure that I've got too much time on my hands today.....

Here 'tis, and it IS a reefer tool:

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

On Thu, 30 Oct 2008 16:46:09 -0400, the infamous Jeff Wisnia scrawled the following:

Jeeze, Jeff. I thought you just got new glasses.

clicked the Play Fullscreen button on engineman's page and found the original patent photo. Free login, no spam so far.

It looks like a Matsco product. Nevahoiduvit.

-- Change is the process by which the future invades our lives. -- Alvin Toffler

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Looks like a notcher for corners on sheet metal to bend up the sides

Reply to
Rick Samuel