What's your favorite sites for DIY and plans?

I've seen, and bookmarked a few sites posted here over the last few years, but can't seem to find them again among the hundreds of URLS in my bookmarks file. Starting fresh with Seamonkey and setting up folders for categories of interest. Interested in sites with general DIY stuff like Make:Online and Instructables. There were a couple other sites posted that had plans, mostly in DXF, including one with oval and square gear projects perfect for laser cutting. Non-metalworking sites are cool too, I can wield a soldering iron if the schematic is fairly simple and well documented, and working with wood is fine too.

I'll keep Googling and adding anything of interest, just thought I'd solicit input on other's favorite sites.

Thanks,

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

snip

Some of these have been mentioned in RCM, others maybe not...

Build a Pop-pop boat

model steam engine plans

Gear template generator

stock metric gears Spur Gears et al

Composition and Physical Properties of Alloys

Custom LCD panels

Notes on Workshop Techniques [? perhaps there's a more direct link]

Making Digital Camera Microscope Adapters (Kinch)

Anodizing Aluminum

Electro plating iron on copper soldering iron tips

Metal fab and metal removal,

(and other links from , eg misc. projects metalwork-relevant links)

Ionization Chambers

And wandering off your topic, How to not build or operate an incline

Reply to
James Waldby