Where can I get an ultrasonic cleaner >= 100khz with sweep function?

For cleaning watch movements.

Reply to
benwoodward.com

Jewelry supply houses generally stock them, but I have no idea of the frequency.

Harold

Reply to
Harold & Susan Vordos

i sent you an email of a friend that has one

Reply to
Asp3211968

Try any watch material, and/or jewellers supply firm.

Steve R.

Reply to
Udie

--Try branson.com if they're still in business; have deep pockets. Otherwise there's ebay...

Reply to
steamer

Reply to
mrbill2

Thanks all for the feedback. The best I can find is Sonix 4 with a

60khz frequency and decent power for about 250. The higher the frequency the smaller the cavitation 'cavities', but the less sonic power is delivered, however, they tend to distribute the power more evenly. With a smaller wavelength(lambda), areas 'blocked' by wave cancellations are smaller. The sonix also has sweep technology which varies the frequency to 'shift' the locations of the dead spots. Un ultrasonic transducer, I think, is essentially a tweeter whose max output is at 60khz versus, say, 15khz for a speaker. I figure it must be fairly difficult to make them, at least if you consider the claims of speaker manufactirers for high prices for extended range tweeters.
Reply to
benwoodward.com

On 3 Feb 2004 00:47:29 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (benwoodward.com) vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Just OOI. I was experimenting with kangaroo scaring using ultrasonics. I used horn piezo tweeters designed for PA use. They had a horn about

8" across and 3" high. They were designed for 100Watt systems into 8 ohms. (24 volts RMS??)

They would plunk out 128dB at 1 metre at 25-30KHz. I actually had a frighteningly expensive dB meter from work to test them. They were not that expensive.

If not horned, they may have been less or more effective (horn has a cutoff freq etc)

Roos thought it rocked and did not run away BTW. :-<

**************************************************** sorry remove ns from my header address to reply via email

Spike....Spike? Hello?

Reply to
Old Nick

Don't you blokes have some sort of PETA or equivilent to keep you from disturbing the cute, furry hoppity animals?

Reply to
Jim Stewart

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 14:27:05 -0800, Jim Stewart vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Haven't you made a typo there?

PITA is the only expression most farming Aussies apply to roos. Cute, furry, hoppity, incredibly stupid, large, fence-wrecking, tree-destroying.....hrmmph.

There is a cull limit and you need a permit that AFAIK requires that your infestation problem be inspected. Some people take some notice of it, but this is a big, wide country. I actually cannot bring myself to shoot a roo (nor would my Mag .22 popgun be powerful enough to penetrate that thick sku....sorry..) but they are a damned pest.

You are allowed try to to scare them away as much as you like. Mostly because it does not work for more than a week.

**************************************************** sorry remove ns from my header address to reply via email

Spike....Spike? Hello?

Reply to
Old Nick

Isnt this where we start discussing Potato cannons?

Gunner

The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty." Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long

Reply to
Gunner

My brother has a clever propane cannon that he sets out in his orchard. Goes off like a 12 guage shotgun at intervals automatically.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

PETA = PITA Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

On Wed, 04 Feb 2004 08:41:33 -0800, Jim Stewart vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

Well I can imagine it annoying the neighbours.

Having watched parrots sit in a tree calmly eating fruit, while another 1 metre away falls to the ground just after a loud bang from

10 metres away, I wonder if the noisemakers are always effective. I have heard of people who have had them not work after a couple of days, or weeks.

Now if I filled it with gravel....no fruit, but nice parrot pie.