Where is Jim Rozen?

Anybody know if all is ok with Jim? I don't see any posts from him since about September 5th.

Hope everything is alright.

Adam Smith Midland, ON, Canada

Reply to
Adam Smith

sbaer

Good guess. A recent posting there is from October 27.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Smith

I also wondered if anything had happened to Jim, and called him a couple of weeks ago. He and his family are fine. He had been using Newsguy to access the usegroup. Newsguy changed and now requires Java. And Jim just does not use Java.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

Good to hear that he and his are ok. Sorry to hear that we have lost him, I guess I'll have to hang out a bit more on practicalmachinist.

Thanks, Dan.

Reply to
Adam Smith

" snipped-for-privacy@krl.org" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@e64g2000cwd.googlegroups.com:

Dan, Give Jim a call and tell him to check Motzarella.org - Free NG access with posting. Relatively fast too.

Reply to
Anthony

According to snipped-for-privacy@krl.org :

Newsguy does *not* require Java. Maybe their own newsreader does (or a web-based newsreader), but you can connect from other newsreaders. I'm using trn on a unix box to read news from Newsguy -- with no problems. Anything which will use the nntp protocol will work fine.

You might want to pass this along to Jim.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

And the user doesn't use it the tool does. If he doesn't have it - go to sun.com and then look. Sunsoft iirc. I get mine from there and updates from time to time.

MS version was stripped and hacked (remember they lost the suit with Sun).

Martin

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net NRA LOH & Endowment Member NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

D> According to snipped-for-privacy@krl.org :

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn