Where to apply the heat

Okay. Here's what I'd do: Saw the pipe off flush with the block. Mount block in mill. Bore out pipe until threads start to show. Pick or chisel out threads.
Pete Stanaitis ----------------
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

On 10/13/2010 9:03 AM, spaco wrote:

He says the engines are still assembled.

--
I can see November from my front porch

Yeh, I saw that he said he didn't want to overhaul now. But, is it one engine or two? 16hp--- sounds like a 2 cylinder?
Pete Stanaitis -------------------
RBnDFW wrote:

Okay, here we go again: Saw off the pipes as needed. Thread the ends and attach fittings.
---or---
Saw off the pipes as needed. Weld or braze new tubing onto the ends.
I say these things because I have had such poor success getting steel out of aluminum, even in much smaller sizes.
See: http://www.spaco.org/MachineShop/StuckFasteners.html