Where to apply the heat

He says the engines are still assembled.

Reply to
RBnDFW

Yeh, I saw that he said he didn't want to overhaul now. But, is it one engine or two? 16hp--- sounds like a 2 cylinder?

Pete Stanaitis

-------------------

RBnDFW wrote:

Reply to
spaco

I've used the ATF and acetone mixture for removing a Marlin 39 barrel from a 60 year-old gun. Soaked it for a week, came loose with the first whack on the receiver wrench. Before that, it was stuck solid.

60 years of .22 residue will do that.

Stan

Reply to
stans4

Okay, here we go again: Saw off the pipes as needed. Thread the ends and attach fittings.

---or---

Saw off the pipes as needed. Weld or braze new tubing onto the ends.

I say these things because I have had such poor success getting steel out of aluminum, even in much smaller sizes.

See:

Pete Stanaitis

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to