where to visit in north east dallas Weds morning

have some time to kill prior to a meeting at noon, looking for suggestions

Reply to
Bill N

Bill, got no help for you. Question though. Do you like Teranews? My OctaNews server has been up/down over the last couple days. I tried Google news, but they require my real email address to be posted to the world - just asking for spam city.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend

On Wed, 3 Oct 2007 06:40:25 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, "Karl Townsend" quickly quoth:

I'm not Bill, but I tried TERA ($3.95 one time signup fee) and they were occasionally busy when I tried to grab news. They were quite a bit slower than other services. I settled on Forte's at $2.95 per month and it's _quick_. On DSL, I download a couple hunddred messages in under 30 seconds. They also filtered out ALL of the crap folks here were complaining about a couple months ago. I never had to put up with it at all. THAT makes it worth its weight in gold to me. No affiliation, just a happy user. Forte's Agent Premium Newsgroups, 10 GB/month, $2.95/mo

-- Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction. - Blaise Pascal

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Don't know about used equipment places, but I can point you to some good restaurants in the area.

Reply to
Pete C.

the advantage of teranews is that it is cheap and mostly OK - I haven't tried the higher priced services though - but for a one time $4 fee, I get access to the groups I want - monthly downloads are limited to some number of bytes, but it's far more than I need to read this and a bunch of other groups - now if you were downloading lots of files, you'd need the paid service.

Reply to
Bill N

well, too late now, I decided I coudl use some sleep, and the meeting includes a dinner - but I'm still interested in both restaurants and surplus places for the next trip.

as for cheap food, there is a pupeseria on Jupiter that I like a lot - and it's impossible to spend more than $5 there and eat all you are served.

Reply to
Bill N

Is that where they serve pupae?

Reply to
Rex

What ever happened to Rondure - surplus just about anything?

Reply to
cavelamb himself