Wind Power

Slimy

Reply to
cavelamb

And burns when it shoots out your nose.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Almost exactly like water. The stuff is 97% water, so that wasn't too surprising. It bubbles off oxygen as it turns oral bacteria into 'bacteria oxide' :)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

(...)

Yup. The oxygen bubbles produce that sensation. Three times a day.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

(...)

Yes.

It is almost indistinguishable from water if you don't swallow it or attempt to breathe it.

Spit, instead.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

It happened when it foamed up so fast I didn't get a chance to spit it out. That was about ten years ago. Now, I limit it to a cap full.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Excellent recovery.

I'd seen this peroxide solution in the store since forever. The name put me off; I thought it was some kind of potentially harmful 'chemical'. After using it in conjunction with the other stuff I outlined, I've not had any dental issues.

Not one issue, for several years.

It's one of the 50 secrets I learned, almost too late.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

On Fri, 17 Jul 2009 21:22:03 -0700, the infamous Winston scrawled the following:

When will we see copies of Winnie's Winning Wecipes, sir?

-- Mistrust the man who finds everything good, the man who finds everything evil, and still more the man who is indifferent to everything. -- Johann K. Lavater

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Two parts H202, one part HCl works well for etching circuit boards.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Which concentration of H2O2?

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Also search for "The comparative efficacy of stabilized stannous fluoride dentifrice, peroxide/baking soda dentifrice and essential oil mouthrinse for the prevention of gingivitis." at the same site.

I searched for more articles on "hydrogen peroxide gingivitis", and a lot of studies came up, many saying the H2O2 didn't work all that much better than anything else. The most interesting article was the one whose title is mentioned above.

Joe Gwinn

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

And when you get Vincents Desease. Version of Trench Mouth, you get to gargle with H2O2. Yuk.

Reply to
Calif Bill

The 'comparative efficacy' article didn't mention the concentration of H2O2 made available inside the sulcus. It's listed as the 11th ingredient down in a list of 15 ingredients, with water being listed in the number 3 slot:

Sounds to me as if it is a 'gimmick' ingredient, included at a molecular ratio just to say that some is in the tube.

I've got no argument with the efficacy of stannous fluoride. That's the reason why I have had such good results with a combination of brushing with fluoride toothpaste, flossing and rinsing with an H2O2 solution.

Note that the study did not include a comparison of that combination of tools and techniques.

It's a little disingenuous to say 'they tested "A" compared with "J" so therefore "B" is not any more effective than "A".

:)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

(...)

It's cheap, safe, effective and is almost indistinguishable from water.

I can think of lots of worse cures.

:)

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

I wonder if the H2O2 just provides agitation?

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

3%, available at Walmart for under a buck a quart.
Reply to
Don Foreman

That sounds handy, because I always have both on hand. Thanks -- I'll have to remember that one.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

These are just summaries of the full articles, which will say exactly what was used. Nor will the H2Os used be all that strong. The real point is that if H2O2 were so much more effective than anything complicated, some academic would have told us by now.

There is no harm in the H2O2 rinse, and if it works for you don't stop. But you can also use the high-floride toothpaste mentioned in the article.

One odd side effect of my heart surgery was a dramatic reduction in tartar buildup, due to the heavy duty antibiotics were used before surgery. The effect is well known it turned out, but those antibiotics are far too powerful to use for teeth.

The holy grail is something effective and yet safe enough for unsupervised populations to use. It will be a billion-dollar discovery. How's that for incentive?

Joe Gwinn

Reply to
Joseph Gwinn

On Sat, 18 Jul 2009 09:41:33 -0700, the infamous Winston scrawled the following:

I see some interesting ideas. What happens with the foam tool outline when you have 4,000 tools and boxes/drawers enough for only 2,500 outlines?

Keeping a list of to-buy/don't-buy is a great idea. I'm happy with most generics (drugs and food items) but hate a few stores' brands.

Let me briefly add:

1) Never buy the cheapest item in any brand's line. Buy an intermediate item with a few more bells and you likely won't have any broken whistles to contend with. Generally, never buy the very top of the line, either. They have bells and whistles which don't do a damned thing except increase the bank accounts of the mfgrs. The intermediate products generally give you the best value and longevity.

-- Mistrust the man who finds everything good, the man who finds everything evil, and still more the man who is indifferent to everything. -- Johann K. Lavater

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Joseph Gwinn wrote: (...)

That message came through loud and clear in the first article. I grok.

Yup. There is no single 'magic bullet' for dental care (or anything else that I know of). It takes a combination of tools and techniques to do the job correctly. We are in violent agreement.

Pretty good, Joe.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston