Wired estops today

I wired estops. I kind of like the way I did it. I wanted to be able to easily see the logic of what I did.

The mill has a big vertical terminal block, where all outside wires (from pendant, tachometers, to motors, to valves, etc) all come in.

I added, to a horizontal, DIN rail, a bunch of slim terminal blocks that would connect to the vertical termination block on one side, and to PPMC and relays on the other.

That way I could easily see the logic, separately from a pile of other wires near the main termination block.

So, hopefully tonight, I will wire the remaining "health" switches, like motor overloads and lube oil level, in series with estops. Since I use those DIN terminals in a separate location, I could easily change the logic of what I do later.

Also if I can do tonight, I will make PPMC turn on and off the motion power.

I think, generally, that I should stop messing with servos, and complete a few circuits. In the order of priority:

1) Machine health (thermal switches, oil level) 2) Motion power controlled by PPMC 3) VFD controlled by PPMC and estop. 4) Limit switches 5) Lube pump, brake 6) Coolant and mister

The whole project could easily take a week or two. But then, I will be ready to put encoders on the remaining two servos and hook them up to belts, to actually move the machine.

After that I will be able to sell my old Bridgy.

Ignoramus16581

How much do you want for your on Bpt? I think it's in better shape than my current one.

Reply to
Pete C.

It is in awesome shape, has a DRO, and a digital readout on the quill too. It is also equipped with a VFD. At this point I can take $1800. I have not even estimated the value of tooling.

Ignoramus3594

Email sent.

Reply to
Pete C.