Wiring Diagram for Gas Hung Heater

On Wed, 19 Dec 2012 13:58:08 -0800, PrecisionmachinisT wrote:

Ha. That got me going. At least it showed me the general direction of where to look for the limit switch (the wiring of which was hidden).
It must have been a loose connection, because after I went into Full Engineer Mode and measured everything every which way with my voltmeter, then took a couple of connections apart to visually inspect them (without finding problems), it worked fine when I turned it on again to look for problems.
So -- a qualified yippie. I never like problems that go away by themselves; I'm always afraid they're just sleeping and not dead.

night

thing

come

else

enthusiastically

on

be

or

stuff?

fan

that

http://toad.net/~jsmeenen/gasvalve.html
Sounds like you have stabding pilot system.
Sound like you gad a code id yor dose? Stabding pilot?
Hmm. What makes you think his device has a standing pilot? Same thing told you to check the flame sensor? Which I doubt it has one, other than a thermocouple.

http://toad.net/~jsmeenen/gasvalve.html
Sounds like you have stabding pilot system.

Because he had to relight it, ya goofball.

It wasn't clear to me at first what type of furnace it was...I'm recalling that with some models, if no flame is sensed then gas gets shut off and the blower starts in order to keep gas from possibly collecting in the area.
You missed the dripping sarcasm, like you missed so much else.

Because he had to relight it, ya goofball.

It wasn't clear to me at first what type of furnace it was...I'm recalling that with some models, if no flame is sensed then gas gets shut off and the blower starts in order to keep gas from possibly collecting in the area.

Because he had to relight it, ya goofball....

It wasn't clear to me at first what type of furnace it was...I'm recalling that with some models, if no flame is sensed then gas gets shut off and the blower starts in order to keep gas from possibly collecting in the area.
( Inducer fan, not "blower" )
But it's been a while since I've had to deal with these, and so I also pointed him to a few sites to look at...
The author of this web page has not inspired my confidence.
http://toad.net/~jsmeenen/gasvalve.html
Sounds like you have stabding pilot system.
Is it the door switch ? are you sure the door is closing onto the switch. It is likely the case.
The switch is in series with the motor. simple elec.
Martin