Wood choice

Just be glad you didn't ask this in rec.woodworking. Some of the other choices -depending on local availability- would include cyprus & osage-orange/bow-wood/iron-wood. With the iron wood you could even it *try* working it with your metal working tools; it doesn't weld worth a hoot though.

Reply to
John Keeney

This sorta like a really big eye wash station?

Then you can also claim it as fire water reseviour.

Gunner

"A vote for Kerry is a de facto vote for bin Laden." Strider

Reply to
Gunner

I dont think that light you gave me, has been turned off for more than a minute or two in the couple years since Ive had it.

Many thanks again. Its VERY soothing.

Gunner

"A vote for Kerry is a de facto vote for bin Laden." Strider

Reply to
Gunner

Brittle - So do men and women. Use some deck oil on it. I have a deck that is 18' (6 meters) high in the air. Use massive beam and piers and then 2x12's as stretchers with 2x6 heart on top.

So far 15 years with a minor scrub. It is around 1000 square feet so it is a task to keep up - but it is almost a backyard for us. We live over the edge of a hill.

I'd use Teak - expensive - or Redwood.

What I would really do today - because it is good stuff - use the Plastic bonded wood replacements. If I do a deck or any more of this - lifetime.

Home depot among many sell under a number of names.

This stuff won't give splinters, won't infect if cut by it ...

won't split - saw with normal stuff......

Mart> And redwood gets brittle with age

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Check out the new vinyl flooring.... Any color...

Reply to
Kevin Beitz

Yeah, maybe, but if he is just building a couple of steps and it's where there is plenty of air flow (like not under a bunch of trees), this may not be a problem... still easier than sanding, staining and sealing....I'd rather pressure wash a couple of steps than the alternative maintenance procedures... Ken.

Reply to
Ken Sterling

Your in Vegas? Want me to check it out? Yeah, nothing lasts out here unless its glass or concrete. Machines?

Reply to
Sunworshiper

"Sunworshiper" wrote

Yes.

Check what out?

You got that right.

Machines?

Whaaaa?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

JDS says:

Not exactly....If one was to read the official Trex handbook it says that these products do not support mold or algae growth. The mold and algae grow on the dirt and crud allowed to build up on the surface, so if it is kept clean it should not grow stuff, so they say.

I have used Trex around more than one swimming pool and it works great !!!

No Mold, No Algae, and when it is wet the only way to describe it is "Grippy" It is NOT slippery in any way.....

Good Luck with your project !!!!

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Sellers

Your spa and give you some options so ya'll don't kill yourselves. Pools and spas seem to be my life , even my wife does spas. I've seen over 10,000.

Metal working machines.

Reply to
Sunworshiper