Subject Author Posted Replies

Knifemaking
I was given a blade blank that was purchased from BlackJack knives going out of business auction. I tried grinding it on my 6" bench grinder and it came out pretty good for a first try. Is it easier...

Lotta tool gloatin'
A little sawmill in town closed down last week and the guy had a moving sale. Lots of vintage stationary woodworking tools, a recent import mill, and lots of old hand tools and assorted junk. Most of...

Off topic - Clarke Generator 700 watt
I have a Clarke Generator 700 watt. The power output plug is round and has 2 pins and an earth. No matter how I wire this plug I end up with live coming out of neutral pin on the 13 amp socket I put...
2
2

Circuit for Posidata 2800
Hi, Can anyone tell me where I could get hold of the circuits for a Posidata 2800 Any help will be much appreciated. Thanks

Edge finding?
Anybody know how to use a pointed edge finder to pick up a scribed line?
12
12

Modest minilathe rodomontade
I was at Harbor Freight when they opened this morning, and the truck was already there. Checking the brochure, I noticed that the lathe went on sale this morning, so I gave out a whoop. Five minutes...
5
5

OT: cutting Frozen Meat
this is surely off topic but i suspect folks here have some experience. tonight, i bot my very first fresh frozen Salmon, and am wondering if anyone knows a good method for cutting it frozen or with...
37
37

FS: Rockwell Vertical Milling Machine
Perfect for the home shop! I just finished up this mill and its for sale. Located in Mesa, AZ. Prefer local inspection/pickup. Click on this link and then click on the Information/Specifications hot...

Need help with fit classifications!
Can anyone refer me to a publication or site that lists all classes of fits? After much searching thru many referance manuals and web sites I am unable to find listings for bores 40 E8, 40 N7 and...

Mystic River Foundry
A couple years back I bought a pattern at a used tool place in Maine. Got to thinking that it might be nice to see what the parts cast from the pattern would look like so I mad arrangements to have...
4
4

FA: Command CAT50 TG100 Collet Holders - NR
I just listed eight (8) Command TG100 CAT50 Holders on eBay in a Dutch auction. Min. bid is $32 each and there is no reserve. This is a good chance to get top-quality toolholders for less than Chinese...
1
1

Two Stage Comperssors
Hello Men, I am interested in a very nice two stage compressor. It was built with parts from a variety of sorces. I forget where the 80 gallon tank was purchased but it is an very old one with the...
1
1

Home Building Heat Treating Oven?
I was thinking about building a heat treating oven for knife making, etc. I thought about buying a portable air tank from Wal-Mart for $18, cutting off one end, and either lining it with refractory or...
7
7

vertical bandsaw question
I picked up a Walker Turner 14" bandsaw years ago and it has been a project ever since. I have done a lot of work on almost every part of the saw. I had never gotten it running but today I did and...
6
6

Finger brake question
I've never owned a finger brake and was looking at this Harbor freight 24" (45877) to do some simple stuff with .050 aluminum. First of all, anyone use this tool before? I know alot of their stuff is...
3
3