Subject Author Posted Replies

3 phase 240VAC to 120 VAC single phase?
Ok, I've got the opposite problem that most of the people here have with regards to AC power. I've got a 400 amp 3 phase service in the back half of the building I moved into a few months ago. I'm...
13
13

High-quality charcoal for hardening?
Old book recommends bone charcoal for casehardening... after asking around, I learned this is because of its consistency, much less fluffy than most wood charcoals. Didn't harden my steel, but I WAS...
2
2

OT: ? for the Seattle area crowd
Hey guys, the wife's neurologist has told us that we need to move out of the north Texas area to somewhere that is both cooler and has much cleaner air. I'm first trying to stay in areas that my...
3
3

Enco 7X12 Bandsaw Question ( repost)
( My apologies if you recieved this message twice--AOL is really buggered up lately-RJJ ) repost: Hi All I recently purchased an Enco 7X12 Horizontal/Vertical bandsaw at an industrial auction. It...
2
2

OT Overheating problem?
car is a 1990 Nissan 240SX. Radiator has been flushed and is clean, new coolant. Head gasket etc is ok. The temp gage stays in the middle of the gage 99.9% of the time, car does not have A/C. Coolant...
7
7

Suggestions? Weedwacker motor
I have a nearly-new Homelite trimmer. So far it's broken 2 flexshafts @ $20 each. Only gave $50 for the trimmer!. So I've bought another trimmer. What to do with the Homelite power head? Suggestions...
11
11

Linear Thermal Expansion
How do I calculate an amount of thermal expansion for a given shape if you have Coefficient of Linear Thermal Expansion (7.2x105 in my case) Thanks, Alex Sorry, wrong coefficient. It is 1.1E-04 Isn't...
10
10

Pictures of one of my projects
One of the houses I worked on in the last few years is featured in this article I did all the railings inside and out, the awning over the main door, the planters and the master bedroom fireplace. I...
20
20

rfq: reel to reel etching capability
I am looking for a US company that has reel-to-reel etching capability for very high volume production. The part is actually a clad material comprised of stainless steel and copper. The stainless...

FA: Nice Set of Sandvik CAT50 End Mill Holders
I just put a nice used set of five (5) Sandvik CAT50 - CV50 - CT50 end mill holders on eBay. The min bid is $80 and there is no reserve. This is a chance to get brand-name tooling for less than crappy...

friction between teflon and delrin
Thanks for the reply Gary, I was wondering if anyone would get in the loop here.. *S What you say is correct. I would assume sticky friction between two materials would be in proportion to their...
17
17

filters & eye strain
hi there, i have never been flashed yet in the few weeks i've been welding but after a exceptionally longe period of welding this weekend (where i used around 25 7014 rods) my eyes feel a bit...
13
13

UHMW-PE stiffnes
Will be a piece of 1/2" thick UHMW 1"x13" rigid so you cant's bend it manually? Thanks. Yes, it will bend, but it will not hold it's shape on it's own. If you intend to form this material, I would...
4
4

New Free Volume and Weight Calculator
I've updated my original freeware calculator into something pretty nice, and still free. My "canned" description: ME Weights 2.1 is a material weight calculator which combines power with ease of use....
21
21

looking for cheap linear guide
Please let me know if you know any low price polymer linear guide similar to IGUS N27 Thanks Does anyone knows any low price polymer linear guide similar to IGUS N27? Thanks Try Mcmaster Carr
2
2