Subject Author Posted Replies

Workholding Suggestions
Hi all Does anyone know of a source of standard parts that could be used to hold 2" pieces of tube by their inner bore? Maybe some sort of spring expanding mandrel?? It would form part of a fixture...
7
7

Quorn info required
I have finally bought a Quorn grinder, (Yes I know that isn't the way you're supposed to get one) and of course I think it may be missing a few pieces. It has a solid bar that fits into the toolstock...
6
6

Help please with Agent and DSL
To all you Agent users: I just got DSL last friday. I am using full Agent. Since changing I can recieve e-mail and download messages from newsgroups but can't post. I am sending this message from home...
4
4

Input sought on using subaru drive components in home made tractor
I've got this wild idea. My son has a rust bucket subaru station wagon that he is willing to donate to build a backhoe/bucket loader approximately 4 feet by 7 feet. I know this is not practical time...
3
3

Want to Buy
I need some engraving fonts, regular and reverse 1.250 inch size. Thanks

email from Harbor Freight
just got an email from harbor freight.... which is not unusual announcing one of their sales, but this one really caught my eye... screwdriver set, reg. $99.99 now $5.97 impact wrench reg. $13.99 now...

Carolina HV20 Horizontal Band Saw
Called about one of these in the local trading post. It is a "new" never used Carolina HV20 horizontal band saw. The guy is asking $550 for it. I have looked every where on the net and cannot find a...
1
1

Simple Power Supply
I need a design for a simple power supply to provide power to a DC motor for use in a constant tension device. Need the design to vary the voltage to the motor from a external pot that has an arm that...
3
3

ball bearings with the U groove in outer ring
Do you know if anyone manufactures ball bearings with the V or U groove in the center of outer ring, so it can roll on the round rod? Thanks, Alex
12
12

OT - Lightweight Ebay shipping fee scam
I won an auction this morning and the item description showed a shipping fee of $2.00. Well, I did the Ebay checkout that takes you straight to Paypal and lo and behold, the shipping field on the...
11
11

Lathe collets
Can someone please clue me in on the difference between 3C and 3AC collets? I have a handwheel type collet closer for my 10" South Bend and some collets that are marked 3C but they will not tighten...
4
4

FS: Machine Tools
From this week's Lancaster Farming: Bridgeport mills (4) $1400 - $2300; forklifts, 3000lb. - 20,000lb., $2500-$6500; safety kleen parts washer, 91"x45"x60" tall, $2000; metal lathes. Chester Co....
2
2

Daewoo puma 250L
Does anyone know if there is a M Code for lathe to connect the tail stop to the turret to position it. Thanks RG

Plastic endcaps in WA?
I am looking for plastic endcaps for 1"x1" square tubing (.0625" wall if it matters). Just the simple, cheap, black plastic things that press into the tube and cap it off. When I lived in AZ, these...
1
1

ball bearing off-center load question
I am trying to design a very cheap linear system. It's for a manually driven 13" long household device. It consists of two parallel 5/16 rods and a slide with preloaded rollers. For rollers I use...
1
1