Subject Author Posted Replies

confused by lathe behavior
I understand how much everything on a lathe, including the work can flex, but this just doesn't make sense to me, If I turn down say a 1/2 aluminum rod that's chucked and extends only a half inch and...
24
24

Any experience with Unipol polishing bars?
I spend about half my workday polishing small brass parts. I'm used to trad itional tripoli cut/color and red rouge for the finish. About out, and can' t get what I know in my adopted country. Unipol...
3
3

What is it? Set 487
I need some help with the first and last items in this set: Rob
15
15

Need Schematic for Hitachi Seiki VA 35
Are you sure you want to go with that nym? In German the word for ass (backside, not the donkey) is Arsch. In the dialect that I speak, we leave out the 'r', and the word becomes Asch. You probably...
4
4

Making a garden roller (metal project)
Always wanted a roller (water filled), about 4 feet wide that I can drag behind my small tractor. Is a used water heater cord a good candidate for this project? Anybody done that? Thanks, Ivan Vegvary
10
10

Vacuuming principle question
The longer is the hose, the thinner, and the greater the flow, the more is the deleterious effect. It is the same as a hose offering resistance to any other kind of flow. i
35
35

Unusual bearing design question
Hi guys. I have a unique garage business selling hardware to builders and r epairers of upright basses. Check bass capos dot com for details. One thing they need is a small but strong pulley wheel...
24
24

Help with wall oven junction box
I am replacing my wife's wall oven with the same size oven. (24 inch). The old oven has been there for at least 12 years. The directions with the new oven say to put the oven on 2x4 runners. My old...
6
6

Anyone here sew?
I'm sure there is a site or two giving that information. Suggest googling, "collectible sewing machines. (I am assuming "sergers" is a misspelling)
7
7

Compressor pumps
My 2nd-worst nightmare ... backing the truck loaded with lumber into the "new" shop space , I didn't notice that 12' 2x4 pushing on my compressor . BANG , it tips over , lands on the pump pulley ....
2
2

Mechanics gloves
Anyone suggest mechanics gloves that are thin, VERY durable? Hate trashing a set when the tip of the index finger wears through. thanks gary
12
12

LEGO Milling Machine
5
5

What is it? Set 486
This week's set has been posted, along with an update from last week: Rob
4
4

Reloading Automation
Possible metalworking content! Ammo's difficult to find and usually expensive so any thoughts on taking a progressive press and making it as automatic as practical? I saw some interesting videos...
52
52

rebuild Enerpac hydraulic cylinder
Has anybody here ever rebuilt an enerpac 10,000 PSI hydraulic cylinder? i blew the seal out of my 20 ton puller. Karl
3
3