Subject Author Posted Replies

Busted drafting machine!
--Hey has anyone ever worked on a Mutoh drafting machine? The head on mine won't lock down any more; I suspect reducded tension in the 'forearm' band but can't figure out how to tighten it..
20
20

Hobart 27 compatible MIG gun
I was messing with this Hobart Mega-Flex 650 RVS. This is a super heavy MIG and stick, subarc and gouging welder with 600 amps at 100% duty cycle capacity. I tested it and found it to work. Pictures...

A father to be emulated
I sold the Miller Aircrafter 330ST AC/DC Tig welder yesterday. Two guys showed up, and older man and a younger one. Everything went well ans in the end I asked if they were related. Turns out that...
2
2

McGyver resource: The Circular File
I just know that Thursday of next week, I will need a piece of 3/16" OD stainless tubing about two inches long with say, 0.01" thick walls. I won't remember the two pieces of perfectly suitable...
31
31

OT: Networking advise
Have a Dell XPS w/gigabit ethernet. Got a 1 TB network drive w/ethernet connector (gigabit). Tried: etherrnet cable between XPS-drive nothing crossover cable nothing 2 cables plus gigabit switch...
10
10

KSRM Available at the DC Area Machinist's Meetup
9 AM Tuesday mornings we meet at McDonalds Seven Corners, 22044, at the intersection of Patrick Henry Dr and Route 50 (Arlington Blvd), and my like-new copy of KSRM is always available there for a...
2
2

Ceramic kitchen knives
I would like to try buying a ceramic kitchen knife like this ebay 310099844249 just mostly out of curiosity. Has anyone tried them. Thanks
52
52

Welding machines and the economy
Having sold several welders recently, I am very surprised to find out that the economic slowdown has not diminished prices or demand for welding machines (of course I never try to ask too much). Used...
2
2

School District Auction
Anyone interested in school district auctions in So. Cal. may want to take a look at this: have no connection with either the district or the auctioneer, just providing information. Jim

Delmarva
Anyone else from Delmarva? Dan
2
2

What do you call this type of nut?
I have an old Craftsman/Atlas lathe and the threads are stretched on the tailstock lockdown bolt and nut so I need to replace them. The bolt has a square head and the thread is 3/8-16 which shouldn't...
7
7

Use of Ball Radius end milles
This is a rhetorical question about an observation that I do not understand. Why is it that when using either a ball mill or a radius end mill, good finishes can only be achieved by climb milling?...
9
9

Homemade RC boat Titanic
My 7 year old wants to make a homemade Titanic boat that is remote controlled. I am a little leery of committing, as this seems to be the kind of project that may consume all my time for 2 years and...
29
29

More about internet
You got me started. Pete
5
5

AR15 evaluation
My son met a guy that needs $. He want to sell an AR15. Cash in a parking lot kind of deal. He claims its an accurized (sp) unit that has higher value. Comes with a military noise suppressor that is...
68
68