Subject Author Posted Replies

what cad software should I get?
I am new to cad/cam/cnc software. What is the the most affordable or cheapest software I should get or buy to learn? I want to get into small metal parts manufacturing. thanks for any help you can...
16
16

Drilling lubrication
My new drill press has all kinds of cool features I never had before. One of them is a bottle with a control-flow spout to run lubricating fluid while drilling. Many years ago I used water mixed with...
8
8

any old engine dudes in this group?
I have one of the two copies described below left - note SES = Stationary Engine Society, which was merged into ISSES in the mid 90s what I have is a two sided photocopy of the SES newsletters from...
8
8

Leblond 13" Regal
Need gear for lathe/ OD-2.42",Thickness-0.625,Bore-0.6825,32 teeth,keyway-0.190 Broke a tooth on my gear. Would like to get a copy of a manual ser.B7628. great shape.
5
5

Seeking a Special Chop or Cut-Off Saw
The other day, some cable TV show about trucks (I think) had this new low RPM, no dust cut-off saw that also allowed miter cuts in steel. I can't remember the name, but I remember it costing something...
9
9

Container hardware
I bought a 40' seagoing container. I want to put a roll up door, a passage door, some turbines, and some windows. Is there a place where they sell these things that will easily fit the waffle...
7
7

Double-standard liberalism at its best!
Hawke wrote in article ... Here we have a liberal breaking the posting rules of the newsgroup in order to grouse about others breaking rules. Perfect liberal double-standard. Of course, liberals have...
2
2

damndelion killer
Milady is in charge of killing dandelions on six acres of strawberries. Note our spelling in the title. Diesel fuel werks grate. Just a squirt in the whirl in early spring. She wants a squirt thingy...
41
41

Continental f163 engine manual?
Anyone have a manual for a Continental f163, in ebook form? Gunner
4
4

New Propane Cylinder Hazard
Hi all, If you use those large white exchangeable propane cylinders, here's a new hazard to be aware of: (or most any alloy containing copper) and ammonia don't play well together...
3
3

slotter keyseater
I've had a Bridgeport slotter on the back of my bridgy mill for years. Seldom used but very handy when needed. Alas, I sold this mill and have no way to mount it anymore. I'm wondering about a...
5
5

Name that tool!
This might be a good one for "What is it?". Made in 1922. I just got the parts back from the plater, electroless nickle.
16
16

Air compressor intercooler/water separator
I've been giving a good bit of thought about how to separate the water before it gets into my compressor tank. I'm currently planning on running it through an automotive air conditioning evaporator...
8
8

Johnny
Posted this in another group.. Mighta been the wrong group in retrospect! Have a (possibly) simple question for you. I've been trying to make some nice clean cuts on 1/4" but I seem to be having some...
1
1

cutting sheet aluminum on 12 inch wood bandsaw
As a electronic guy I often need to cut 1/16-3/16" & sometimes 1/2 small pieces of Aluminum, I have a Craftsman cast iorn 12" bandsaw. They sell metal cutting blades for these all the time however I...
15
15