Subject Author Posted Replies

remove tractor tire fluid
The rear tire on my 8N just split open from old age. It has fluid in it. I want to find a way to remove the fluid and save it. needs to come out of the valve stem. How? Then I can just buy a cheap...
27
27

looking for ss trim
I'm looking for some stainless steel or chrome trim pieces. 1/2" wide, 1/4" deep, bullet shaped ends, 12" long. The dimensions are cast in stone, but I need something in that neighborhood. Probably...
1
1

Making a trailer
I am in need of a trailer to haul some for mulch around my house. WOuld makign one out of the back end of a pckup work? Seems I remember seeing some of these around several years ago. How would I go...
3
3

Duck and Cover: It's the New Survivalism
holed up in a cabin in Stanley. Yet in Mr. possibility of a food," Mr. Biggs medicine, clothes, etc. of riot and rebellion crisis, looming consider themselves social fringes. metals in case of plan...
1
1

can anyone tell me what this thing is really really used for?
I made my best guess, and listed it on ebay, but maybe one of you folks knows if I guessed right or if it is really something else - thanks: eBay Mobile
32
32

Chevy drain plug
I can't find the original thread, but I happened to be changing the oil in my Silverado pick-up yesterday and I remembered there was some discussion about whether the drain plugs were actually...

6063 aluminum tubing
Is 6063 aluminum tubing suitable for making a bicycle or motorcycle frame? is it strong enough?
8
8

Stainless polishing
Is anyone doing metal polishing (I'm interested in Stainless) and could give me some advice. I'm not going into the business but I do build things for boats from time to time and it would be nice if I...
3
3

Some scraping-videos
Hi! I made 3 hand scraping related videos: Preparing the granite plate: Grinding the carbide plate: Scraping in a lathe's gap: Nick
5
5

Plastic Coat Your Cedar with EPL
Plastic Coat Your Cedar with EPL EPL is a clear thin polymer coat that will maintain the bright cedar wood look. Buy online today. Wood Find Deals on Cedar Wood and other Home & Garden Products at...

Steel Slab weight
Can anyone tell me the weight of a steel slab that is 3/4" x 31.5" x 42" ? Thanks, Bill
18
18

15 hp lathe
convert to DC drive motor or VFD . I can get a 10 Hp dc 180 volt motor and controller for about what i would pay for the VFD. its a monarch 20 x 54 , 1945 vintage
2
2

Buying from Scrap yards?
The town where I live has started not letting you take anything from the scrap metal bin at the town dump. Apparently they have a contract with the removal company that requires all metal brought in...
17
17

use of an angle notcher/bender to make rectangular frame?
If I have an angle notcher and bender, what is the exact procedure to make a rectangular angle frame from a piece of angle stock? Can I make it with just one weld? How do I account for the length of...
6
6

Cold rolled vs hot rolled
Okay, I need an education. I do occasional minor metal fab (truck rack, welding cart etc.) and also some machining. All for my own use and enjoyment. In a nutshell, when do you use hot rolled stuff...
6
6