Subject Author Posted Replies

Whoever wanted a 4-48 tap
I recall someone asking for one, write me and I will send you one i

How to make a Spice Grinder
One of my students has taken it into his head that he wants to make a spice grinder. The hand held sort with a crank handle. Does anyone have a pointer to plans or even an exploded view of a grinder...
13
13

Anyone use a Bosch 1506 Shear?
Just wondering if anyone uses this for general shop cutting. Seems like the berries, but I could use some opinions of it! We use mainly 18 mild steel and 62 thou alum. Johnny
3
3

Easiest way of beveling 5/8" plate
In reference to my early post, about a HF crane that I wanted to install, and having a 12x13", 5/8" thick plate. I have procured another, similar size plate. If I weld them together, I will get an...
20
20

Bead / grit blasting compressors
I only have domestic single phase supply here at home in the UK. I use a 3HP single phase motor to run a small compressor. This, with a 150 litre receiver, runs a medium sized grit blast cabinet for...
7
7

Wire wheel and motor sizing
I have right now a wire wheel on a 1940's 1/2 HP motor. The wheel is very much out of whack, and I suspect the shaft has some play also. It has way too much vibration. Since I have all kinds of...
5
5

Tool bit for V-Belt Pulley
A Few Questions: I recently made a V-belt pulley but with some difficulty because I had trouble setting up a 20 degree angle on the inside surface closest the lathe head. I suppose I could turn the...
8
8

Actual metal content!
Just received these in my email. May be of interest to other in this group, when we get through with the [US] political discussions. ========= Tech article on toolholder runout 5C "collet" blanks for...

Burgmaster 0B-Wobbly downfeed problem
Greetings: Anybody out there done any work on a Burgmaster 0B? I just picked one up at a sale for cheap enough that I was willing to take a risk. The reason it's a risk? The downfeed wobbles. The...
4
4

refinishing old machine? what kinds of paints?
Hi, I have the opportunity to claim a free surface grinder, yay! My college roomate is *really* going to kill me now.... It looks like it was bought by a lab, never really used, now dumped in the...
7
7

Which VFD for my vertical mill?
I want to install a VFD on my old US machine Tool vertical mill (looks like a round column Bridgeport). I have the original 1 HP 3 phase 220 volt 1725 rpm motor that was on it when I got it about 10...
2
2

OT: metal content -- gold
Metal content: gold Is the Dollar weak or is the Euro strong? For the German view Title: Records Without End - The Financial World is Astonished at the Strength of the Euro URL: Note that US is now...
10
10

Union Millwrights
I looked at this group as a way of sharing my knowledge of machinery but instead I was attacked by people that are non-producers,closed minded bigots or obnoxious idiots who think they know everthing....
59
59

Pictures of Gears
models of gears. Showing how they work. Millwright Ron
2
2

What is it? CCV
The latest set has just been posted: Rob What is it?
38
38