3" screwless vice bargain?

This type of vice has been highly recommended by mini-mill users. It's
similar to the 75mm "Pin type" vice at Chronos

only it has very useful slots at the sides for mounting. I couldn't find
the slotted type stocked in the UK except for one possible lead at over
£100.
I took a chance and ordered one from a US eBay seller, for £47 including
postage (would have been a bit more if I had been charged VAT and duty).
eBay item 330123775731.
The seller doesn't have any at the moment but may be worth watching. I
think it's also available for slightly more from the US supplier Enco,
but check it's the slotted one as many of their items don't have photos.
Dave
Reply to
Dave A
Correction, it looks like he still has 47 available on the same auction number.
Reply to
Dave A
wait for their offer of 25 % off, and this is a bargain
had the two inch version off them a couple of weeks ago with 25 % off
very well made ... and i highly recommend it
all the best...mark
Reply to
mark
Still the version without slots, but would be excellent with the discount. How often do they do 25% off and do they let you know by e-mail if you're on some sort of mailing list, please?
Dave
Reply to
Dave A
it has the slots at either end of it ... if they were down the side on this one ...you would be too high maybe ...
ask J&L to put you on their mailing list ...if you are registerd with them ..
will let you know ...almost every week im getting mail shots saying 25 % this and that off them .
all the best.mark
Reply to
mark
Don't forget though ...them prices are plus vat ...so 25% gives you a 7=2E5 % saving on the prices listed ...
but they do have sales ....so a sale plus the 25% and your OK
that's what i had the other week .
the two inch one was something like =A340 delivered .
BTW there is one delivery charge ...no matter how many items as well...it's =A36
so buy a pile of stuff and you save again
all the best.mark
Reply to
mark
If you need to come from the side you can clamp at the sides of the fixed jaw, there is a slot there. I would reccomend one of these for a small mill, I've had one for about ten years and it has been a good bit of kit. Mine came from J&L, but they were about £70 plus vat back then. I made a new pin, with a big taper on and a handle (Ok, I bent the end over) which makes using it much easier.
Regards Kevin
Reply to
Kevin