7/8" whitworth box spanner or ring spanner wanted

Anyone have one surplus or know of a cheap surplus outlet?
Thanks
Charles

Charles P wrote:

Try here:-
www.halfords.com
On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 20:22:04 +0000, Charles P

I've been looking for 1", I think there might be a 7/8" socket (3/4" drive) on ebay, I'll have another look later. Will a socket do the job?
Tim
On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 20:50:37 +0000, Tim L

A socket would have to be *mighty* deep to do the job. I usually hate box spanners but this is a job for one.
And Halfords probably last stocked whitworth when Harold Wilson was PM
Charles

Could do with a bit of "White heat of technology" right now!
Mark Rand RTFM
On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 23:13:50 +0000, Mark Rand

Anything more than a dim glow would be a welcome relief!
Richard
On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 22:35:56 +0000, Charles P

If you're really stuck, cut the business end off a socket & weld it to a piece of tube. Sent you an email about some rings.
Tim
On Sun, 04 Jan 2009 22:35:56 +0000, Charles P

1.5" AF would probably be OK if you can find one. Once you get up to that sort of size, small differences become less important.
Tim

Charles:
We have a 7/8" W X 1" W box spanner, new one.
Can loan it to you if it's a one-off job you need it for?
Peter -- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel http://www.stationary-engine.co.uk http://www.oldengine.co.uk

Try here http://home-garden.shopping.enclick.com/melco-tw24-whitworth-box-spanner-7-8-x-1-x-7in-PXP159723 . Not bad for 7.21. I think Melco still make them. Andy

Thanks Andy. Ordered one. Add that to my list of things that I didn't expect Amazon to be useful in finding.
Regards
Charles
On Mon, 5 Jan 2009 11:46:58 -0800 (PST), wells snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote:

It looks as though I've got my 1" Whit ring spanner sorted, also. Forgot to ask whether it was from the NG request or the homeworkshop page!
Cheers Tim