8mm LH thread. Help

Can anyone help me locate some 8mm X 1mm LH allthread.

I fetched my little TOYO lathe out yesterday,first time in six year and after very little use yesterday the threads on the leadscrew hav shot it. They must have been on the verge last time I used it.

I know if I can locate a proper replacement the cost will be out of al proportion to the article.

If the worst comes to the worst I can always have a crack at making on on the Myford,but a piece of allthread would be a time saver.

Alla

-- Allan Waterfal

----------------------------------------------------------------------- Allan Waterfall's Profile:

this thread:

Allan Waterfall

Probably no real help, but I've got 5/16" x 24 LH die head chasers, I could easily knock you up a length at that. So near but yet so far No, I don't have a tap to match. :-(

Cheers Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

How long?

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Any time in the next 5 seconds

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Got over the jet lag have we ?

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

TR fasteners

are a good place to look, they sell a wide selection of special all thread, i have used them in the past on more than one occasion and they have suplied us with both twin start and left hand studding (all thread) .

failing that, you could purchase a LH die and make your own, although, if its a long lenght you require this may not be practical.

HTH

Reply to
Tim Bird

Thanks to everyone who replied.

I think I have got it sorted now,Mr Stevenson has offered his sevices to help me sort one out.

If anyone is interested,"Tracy Tools" can supply LH dies.

Regards to everyone and may your fits fit.

Allan

Reply to
Allan Waterfall

Don't forget to turn them t'other way when engaging, or else you'll get a badly chewed-up workpiece!

Reply to
Airy R.Bean

Just as an aside,Tracy Tools quoted me £14.40 for the die (hope the

read it was only 1mm pitch not 1.5mm).

The reply from the London Tap & Die company was that this was not standard item and would take a day to make at a cost of £25.00 pe hour. :rolleyes:

I don't think I can run to £200.00 for a die. :eek:

Alla

-- Allan Waterfal

this thread:

Allan Waterfall

I bought some LH precision ground ACME threaded rod (3ft length) from MSC in the US for $US100 landed in New Zeland, for fixing my FiL's Chiwanese lathe crossslide. Geoff

Reply to
geoff_m