A New Modelling Forum

Folks,
I have just launched a new modelling forum and you are invited to
take a closer look.
Unlike other forums this one is going to be different! One of the
things we will be doing is to run three monthly competitions:
Model of the month
Photo of the month
Tip of the month
Ii is hoped that through these competitions you will have the chance
to win over £500 (approx $900) worth of prizes every month.
To find out more just visit our site ate

I look forward to seeing you in our forums.
Regards
Ian
Please don't reply to this post as the email address will not work
Ian Sargent
And you seriously expect people to leave a free newsgroup to join a pay-to-view forum? Now we know how you can pay out £500 in prizes every month! I wish you luck, your going to need it!! Coz here's one user that WON'T be joining your forum....
Eddy
Reply to
Eddy Matthews
sign 'em up. clean 'em out. run like hell. oh yeah, sure mr barnum.
This according to the web blurb this is based on 1,000 people joining, well 999 now Eddy has declined
This does seem rather a high number given that many free Yahoo groups run around the 250 to 750 figure. If they were pay for groups this would drop to probably to single figures. -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
Reply to
John Stevenson
He never said that.
Joel. phx
Reply to
Joel Corwith
and how much of your money did you send him?
There are a lot of things that you have to agree to in the T&C's, but nothing at all about what the organisers/web masters agree to do in return.
Peter
Peter A Forbes
It was on the Bibliography channel, but you can search the net on Barnum and "sucker". He was a showman, not a con-artist.
Joel. phx
Reply to
Joel Corwith
not shit, sherlock? doesn't change the fact he knew this difference between a mark and a chump.
Nor does it mean he says the phrase everyone attributes to him, even if he believed it.
Joel. phx
Of course you seem to be lacking a clue.
Reply to
Joel Corwith
err forgive my rather cynical view but does this post not constitute SPAM??
Oh and Ian,thank you for your kind and considerate offer however at this time I shall be unable to partake as I much prefer to listen to/read the posts of, seasoned organ grinders rather than pay per view monkeys.
have a nice day
Dalt
Reply to
Dalton
Certainly looks that way to me...
And long may they continue to grind their seasoned organs...
Regards, Tony
Reply to
Tony Jeffree
I would like to hear an explanation of how the £500 monthly prizes fail to atract the 'less desirable and disruptive elements' that the £12 annual subscription is intended to put off. Not that it matters, I will not subscribe.
Reply to
Dick Gays
I think you are all being very cynical over this.
I for one shall sign up, in fact I shall sign up for 5 years.
Unfortunately being rather busy and this address being very busy I shall sign up in 'my' other address and pay via credit card with the number I found on a crumpled slip close to the Blackgates stand at Donington last year. -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
Reply to
John Stevenson
... mmm he's not 'bean' arround lately - should we circulate a get well soon card - or maybe a collection for a bunch of lillies ?
Andrew Mawson
Reply to
Andrew Mawson
Did it cross anyones mind that he might be legitimately trying to start a decent modeling resource? If your going to have your reservations about paying then think them but dont blatantly call the guy a con-artist when you have absolutely nothing to base the accusation on. Jeez...
Kyle
Reply to
Kyle
Nope, it didn't cross my mind!.
I have access to a decent resource right here for no cost so I wouldn't consider it!
Charles
Reply to
Charles Ping
Everybody who posts commercial product announcements on rmr is deemed a con artist by somebody, unless you are a TRA blessed vendor who can do no wrong (actual cons or not).
Reply to
Jerry Irvine
Kyle,
The amount of free information and most likely hundreds of years of experience in this group far outweigh a post made COMMERCIALLY as SPAM (check the dictionnary for use of the word spam and commercial). Cross posting to numbers of groups offering a PRODUCT or SERVICE you are charging for is SPAM. Have a look on google to see how many groups got the same thing posted..then if you really are happy with it offer the guy support by joining up. It is common good manners to add "ADV" to the front of a post if you intend it to be commercial or to solicite money from people. I wouldn't say the original poster is a con man and I have NO evidence to suggest otherwise..however I WOULD say he is a spammer..and that in itself is enough for me and no doubt others to ignore the content of his post.
DD
Reply to
Dalton