Acme taps ?

Looking for an Acme tap 3/4" dia by 6 or 8 TPI Right hand.

Any idea's anyone ? Tried Tracy but they only have 3/4" x 5 and that cut into the shaft too much, it's for part of a hydraulic puller.

I've knife and forked the prototype but initial order will be for 12 or 24 hence I want to buy the tap.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

list 3/4" in 5, 6, 8 & 10 tpi.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Not sure if they are still around but there was a company in the London area who regularly advertised in the back of Model Engineer that did every size imaginable. If they didn't have it they would make it either in carbon or hss in a week or so. Can't for the life of me remember what they are called though!

Reply to
Martin Evans

Was it this company?

Lionel

Tap & Die Co

445 West Green Road London N15 3PL Tel +44 (0) 20 8888 1865 Fax: +44 (0) 20 8888 4613

Lionel

I have tried these in the past but they talk telephone numbers with £££ in front and we are talking carbon here.

Found a 3/4" x 8 for £45, long series in HSS, new old stock, which don't seem bad to me. Other quotes start at £150 and run up to £320.

Just need to see if the quote is accepted then get the tap.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

"Lionel" wrote: