Anyone here own a Model B Super?

Hi,
My Model B Super arrived from Chester today and having stripped, cleaned,
assembled and reoiled it I find it won't start.
I've narrowed it down to a 'device' in the milling head and am wondering
what the hell it does.
It's a SPDT switch that covered in insulation tape and has Chinese writing
all over it that is actuated by a 20mm 6mm rod that comes to a point....
Anyone here know what it does before I ring Chester up first thing tomorrow?
I'm eager to get it running this evening and would like to know what I've
just ripped out before starting it
Cheers,
Michael
Reply to
Michael
Hi, Check the micro switch on the door where the belts are.(mill & lathe) Pete
Reply to
pete
No already seen that one, this one is embedded in a hollow chamber in the casting of the head and isn't on any exploded views they provided........
Michael
Reply to
Michael
If it's anything like my Warco, there's a micro switch in the mill head as well which I had to bend a little to get it to contact properly when the cover was put back on. There's a wire that goes up the back of the mill head and in to it which the switch is wired up to. You should be able to test by taking the cover off and just manually holding the switch closed and hitting the start button - no leaving chuck keys in chucks ;)
Cheers, Rob
Reply to
Robbus
Ah that would explain it then.....
Mine couldn't start until I bypassed the switch even with all the covers on and doors closed.
Cheers,
Michael
Reply to
Michael