Anyone home at Myford yet?

    --Have a problem with my Super 7 and would prefer *not* to telephone them from California! Does anyone know if they're still asleep at the switch
via email; i.e. have they progressed to the late 20th Century yet?
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Feeling like Bender in
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : a strong magnetic field...

Reverse the charges? <G>
Peter

telephone
the switch

"Call Collect" for Steamer <GG>
AWEM

I believe they recently installed a facsimile machine to replace their Telex, you might have your best chance of success with that.
--
Peter Parry.
http://www.wpp.ltd.uk/

    --Woohoo they've made it to the 1960's! ;-)
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Feeling like Bender in
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : a strong magnetic field...

In February I bought a Myford industrial stand complete with the electrical control unit. One of the wires inside had come adrift, and I thought I should have a wiring diagram to ensure everything went back in the right place (!).
I e-mailed Myford at snipped-for-privacy@myford.com, and got a photocopy of the required wiring diagram through the mail within a few days. I did not have an e-mail address for the technical support people, but in the event it didn't seem to matter, the sales people presumably passed it on quite swiftly.
Hope your experience turns out to be as satisfactory.
David
--
David Littlewood

    (SNIP)     --Even better; thanks! It ain't the phone charges so much as trying to be lucid at 1:AM, heh.
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Feeling like Bender in
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : a strong magnetic field...
I don't really understand why you won't call them. US/UK calls reall
don't cost much these days
-- Myford Mat ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Myford Matt's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?uf19 View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?tt876

    --Because they're on the other side of the planet! No satellite offices so I gotta be awake at 1:AM, harrumph harrumph! ;-)
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Feeling like Bender in
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : a strong magnetic field...

really
Ed, NO, it's YOU that's on the other side of the planet, this being a uk.rec group ! <G>
AWEM

    --Well if I'm upside down howcome I don't fall off?? :-)     -Just back from a weekend of steamboating in the California Delta. We had 19 steamers and half a dozen one-lungers: great fun! Photos soon...
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Feeling like Bender in
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : a strong magnetic field...
Then give 'em a call at 8AM :-
-- Myford Mat ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Myford Matt's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?uf19 View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?tt876

    --What? Before my third cuppa coffee??
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Feeling like Bender in
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : a strong magnetic field...
If you tell me what's wrong with it, I'll call 'em
-- Myford Mat ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Myford Matt's Profile: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?uf19 View this thread: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?tt876

    --Well part number H-80, the backgear assembly has become seized on the spindle and I can't figure out how/why this would have happened with adequate lubrication, unless a lube fitting is plugged. Next thing I gotta do is get it to rotating again and disassemble the whole thing to have a look at the damage.. Not sure what can be done at this stage tho. Ever seen this happen?
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Feeling like Bender in
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : a strong magnetic field...
    --Problem solved! Used the flyer circulated to ease belt changing and dismantled the spindle. Problem had a double cause as it turns out. The *very* small oiler port on the back of the largest pulley in the cluster had become clogged and no oil was getting thru it to the bronze bush within. Over the course of time this eventually caused it to gall against the spindle. Adding to the problem: the setscrew in the 60-tooth gear had managed to loosen but I'm not sure if this was a contributing factor or not.     Anyway I cleaned off the galling marks by polishing the spindle and the interior of the pulley bush, using some #600 sandpaper and light oil. Once it was all cleaned up I oiled everything thoroughly and reassembled it according to the instructions and it seems to be working fine once more. One thing I've done, tho, that ain't according to the book: I unscrewed that tiny oil fitting and I don't plan to replace it; i.e. I'm leaving the hole open so I'll be able to verify that a stream of oil gets in to where it needs to be. I'm thinking, too, of getting rid of all the miniature oil fittings but I don't want to leave all these holes open for debris to get in. Suggestions?