Anyone want a big surface table?

I've got a very nice Cast Iron surface/marking out table. 48" x 30", looks almost unused. It's going to be seriously in the way next week, so if anyone can make use of it & can collect by next Thursday they can have it for scrap price (say 20 quid). It'll have to be collected with a trailer or van/pickup no bigger than Transit size. It's heavy I've also got a J&S 540 hydraulic surface grinder, works fine but has an oil leak (discussed here a few weeks ago) which will be very cheap until next weekend.

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

Does it get more expensive then or just become a hazard to shipping?

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

If only I had a bigger workshop.... Are you not bothering with a surface grinder anymore, or have you replaced it with something better?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

It'll become more expensive as I'll have to find somewhere to put it, I'll have managed somehow to work around it. It'll save me time & trouble if it goes now. Plus, I'll probably sort the leak out.

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

Well I hope it's going to be better

ebay item 140045916823

I put in a speculative bid & now I'm landed with it

Less well supported than the J&S, though Gate say they have most parts for them (as well as a photocopied manual for 62 quid! )

I have to collect next Wed from Stockton, hence the pressure to find some space.

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

"Load-On Fee" £50 ???

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Nice, looks to have quite a bit more table capacity on it than a 540. Do you know what's it like for height under the wheel?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Not in this case

Tim

Tim Leech

About 13", if you believe this spec:

Tim

Tim Leech

Bowland's best customer eh?

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

They seem to be quite a decent approachable crowd. I had some pumps off them for my shops and they were very helpful.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Yes, two very pleasant guys.

Tim

Tim Leech

Me too. Bought a couple of things from them. A decent commercial trader who doesn't mind smaller buyers

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Tim, Where are you located? I assume its on a stand/with legs. Would it fit into a Landrover? Could you lift it into a Landrover? would have to go through the back door, which is about 2ft6 by 4ft iirc.

Dave

Reply to
david.sanderson

Near Warrington.

Yes it's on a stand (same size as table)

Yes I can lift it, with an engine crane. Headroom might be an issue there, assuming it's not a tilt top. The table could probably go on edge.

I can check the height of the stand later.

Tim

Tim Leech

Sold then. I can borrow an engine crane this end to get it back out. When is best to collect? I can come tommorow, or one day next week. does the stand dissassemble?

Dave

Reply to
david.sanderson

Monday would be ideal for me. I'll have an extra pair of hands here then. I'm out most of tomorrow, might be able to do it late afternoon though.

I *think* the stand is rivetted together.

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

Monday is fine. Ill try and get a trailer at least to put the stand in, though I guess it is disassembleable in a more perminant manner, if I fail. then reassemble with bolts? I guess it'll be about mid morning by the time I get to you, Im coming from J23 M1.

is your yellow pages number work only? you can email me at small dot planes at ntlworld dot com

Dave

Reply to
david.sanderson

Stand is held together with coach bolts, it's approx 1150 x 700 x 650 high.

Tim

Tim Leech

Just got back from collecting it, 350 mile round rip with the trailer. Up the M6 & across through Brough & the A66, less traffic than the shortest M62/M1/A1M/A19 route (and better scenery!). Long wait for loading, but very well done in the end. Back by the boring route, Leeds rush hour in the dark & rain on the M62. No fun, a significant percentage of total idiots on the road, including some wagon drivers. Had a very near miss when someone tried to jump a queue for a blocked exit slip, got stuck on the main carriageway & I had to pull up behind him. There were 40 limit signs on all lanes on the overhead gantry, some pillock in a curtainsided artic came screaming up behind at 70ish & only just managed to get out into the next lane. Could have been extremely nasty. Looks to be a nice machine, with power up & down for the wheelhead. Wheels at 10" dia., and their arbors, are going to represent a much bigger investment than for the 540.

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech