Die Filers

Having just collected my Excel die filer (courtesy of Tim Leech, transport thanks to Darryll Crook) I'm now interested in finding out more about the machine.

It's a bench top model, bearing no number. I assume that it's a size "0" (Tony Griffiths lists sales info on the

0, 0S, 2, 3, 3S and 4 but only a manual for the model 4. I've already downloaded a copy of the model 4 manual from
but am keen to find infomation on the model that I have. Photos of the overarm and sources for files/saws would be very useful.

Does anyone else have an Excel benchtop die filer or any information on them?

Regards

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Sorry, gave mine to Tony Jeffree some while ago when he'd upset me

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

...and I passed it on to Tim ;-)

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

OK, who'se going to be next ??

Tim

Tim Leech

A die filer that behaves like a virus? Well it is in Suffolk now so I suppose it's the place to be.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Its a much-travelled machine. Maybe time it wrote its memiors ;-)

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

When I had one, I could never find files for it. It had to go to free up bench space.

AWEM

ps Charles, did you get my email re the J&S guard ?

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Aaahhh a rotary die filer it's that dizzy...................

OK I'll get me coat........................

.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Bench space? What's that? I lined all 4 walls of my cellar workshop with nice heavy benches about 3 years ago & now I can't find them...I know they're in there somewhere though...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

them...I

Probably eloped with John's floor

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I didn't realise that you could suffolkate a virus. 8^)

Reply to
Dave Croft

from

am keen to find infomation on the

I have one which sounds similar. Some years ago we took over a company which had one of these in it's plant list. When I expressed interest my tool maker was most disparaging! "Harrumph" he said " can't call yourself an engineer if you need one of those". That's why it's in my shed. Cant remeber how to put a photo on here so email me, Charles, with exactly the bit you would like a picture of. I'll put a picture on Flickr.

Reply to
Anzaniste

from

keen to find infomation on the

It is here

Anzaniste

from

keen to find infomation on the

Andy

Many thanks, that's the baby. I'll come back to you in a week or so and ask for a couple of pictures of the overarm and how the file is held in it. So anytime that you're down that end of the shed with a camera snap a photo or two please!

I've been sent this ad from Model Engineer which is instructive:

Regards

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping