Bally German eBayers !!!!

Managed to track down the elusive diesel injector for my Farymann 15D engine - ebay in Germany, checked that the seller takes Paypal - it's down as his favourite payment method - checked he was ok sending to UK - he quotes a fair postage price. I win the auction, try to pay by paypal and it rejects payment as the seller isn't paypal registered . ARGH !!!! Now I'm stuck finding cost effective ways to get relatively small sums into the German banking system, which seems incompatible with ours. ARGH ARGH ARGH ! This has happened before, why do they resist paypal 'over there' ??????

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

If Nick can't help, I can probably volunteer the financial services of my sister, she keeps a sterling account for when she comes over to visit from Germany.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

The problem is the UK-banking system which is incompatible with the rest of the EU! By EU-law, banks can't charge more for an transfer to foreign countries (within the EU) then within the country. Not so for the UK.

You've got mail, I'll pick a Camden book. :-)

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

I needed some spares for a big German-made portable drill, hit the same problem. Found the cheapest route was to send euro cash via registered mail (or whatever they call it now).

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

Nick is right about the UK/Europe transfers - they are a joke. I can send money to the US cheaper than Europe!

But while you need the part, an email to eBay would not be out of place. We are seeing a LOT of people advertising Paypal and then refusing to accept it. THEY are in the wrong and eBay need to clamp down on them as it is false advertising. The last one I simply told them that I was only paying via Paypal and had advised eBay of that fact. The Paypal account details arrived the next day :)

Reply to
Lester Caine

registered .

relatively

incompatible

arrived the next

Lester,

I would have done the same, except it was a single source and I want the bit ! Solution adopted is the Tim Leech one, and I have my fingers crossed !

Thanks for the various suggestions, and if you hear a smokey banging clattery noise arround Bromley I've probably got the Wacker plate back in service for the next house

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Any estimates as to what it will register on the Richter scale? I will look out for news reports of major earth tremors in the SE

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

banging

Well it gives figures in giga woggles per deciflop in the data book whatever that means (actually 25kN at 90 Hz)

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

It is frustrating. I bought some obsolete parts for my Yamaha 350 from e-bay in Germany, paid by bank transfer as requested (which cost me £10) and now the chap wants me to pay the fees his bank are charging him for accepting the transfer. Says it is my fault for not making an O.U.R. transfer.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

relatively

Germany,

accepting

Dare I ask - what is an O.U.R. transfer ?? Paypal is so simple and not that expensive for the seller (I speak as an occassional seller)

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

My old man used to deliver stuff to Germany nightly in the 40's Never had bank transfer problems even with 10 ton loads.

.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

I haven't got a clue Andrew - maybe Nick could tell us?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Is that 'cos they couldn't object to the large deposit?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

When you make an overseas transfer, you have the option of paying no charges, just your own bank's charges or all charges. It's on the transfer form.

No idea what OUR is for, probably German.

We sent 700 Euros to Spain for our company website translation last week, our end of the transfer cost us £20, no idea what the other guy paid his own bank.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Not at all. But you can always google for "our bank" :-))

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

No, just quite irresistible goods. :-)

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

They wouldn't have passed Health & Safety regulations these days - no labels marked "Dangerous Load", no HazChem markings,...etc... tsk tsk.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Any of them get returned under warranty?

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Are there many folks here who had fathers in the RAF?

Peter

Peter A Forbes

I'm not gonna go on a PC rant, but this is not an all-Brit forum - think we could be a bit more tactful about our jokes

-- Myford Mat

this thread:

Myford Matt