BCA ER20 spindle

I'm thinking of making a new spindle for my BCA milling machine, to accept ER20 collets.

Would anyone be interested in buying one, complete with new bronze bearings, shells, adjustment nuts, and thrust bearings? About £100, at a wild guess.

I'll have to spend a lot for tooling, but it should give a much more practical machine, so if anyone else wanted to buy one it would work out cheaper for me. ish.

No commitment necessary, I'm only looking to see how much interest there might be in such a thing. Offlist replies okay, email is real.

-- Peter Fairbrother

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother

replying to Peter Fairbrother, Philip Purkis wrote: Hi Peter, I've had difficulty in getting the best from my Sigma Jones jig borer [BCA milling machine]. I recently started using this machine seriously for my 2" traction engine and have found settings drifting, and end mills held in a collet "walking out" and digging deeper into the work. Do you have any threaded collets or other tooling that might be useful? Kind regards, Philip Purkis, Knaresborough N Yorks

Reply to
Philip Purkis