Best Rated threads in ⚙ Model Engineering in the UKshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Warco VM16 User comments
Has anybody got experience of one of these machines. I'm looking for a new machine which i can get in my workshop which is in a cellar! Is the VM16 rigid - the weight of 216LB seems quite small Ivan...

Bridgeport Stepper motor problem
Any experts here on Bridgeport stepper motors? ( Machine is Series 2 mark 2 MDI ) My "Y" axis motor is buzzing like a good 'un, jerky operation, then overloads the trip, which blows out. Also, gives...
30
30

Myford and metric threads?
Hi I have an early change wheel Super 7, apart from a 127 tooth gear what else do I need to form 1, 1.25, 1.5, 1.75 and 2mm pitch thread. Regards, Pete
13
13

what's the difference between JT6 and J6 arbours
What's the difference between JT6 and J6 arbours can anyone tell me . As some stuff is adviertised as so on ebay ..I'm confused all the best..mark
1
1

Fitting VFD to BH600 lathe
Hello all, I decided to break the bank and bought a NewtonTesla VFD system for the BH600. Has anyone else fitted one, and if so, where and how did you fit the control box, and do the connections into...
2
2

BH600 tool size?
Hello all, Have just got a 2nd hand Warco BH600, gap bed and wonder what tool size to use in conjunction with T1 QC tool holders. HSS or tipped? Have only used HSS and brazed carbide tipped in the...
16
16

Harrison L5 Toolpost
Hi all, I am looking for a quick change tool post for my Harrison L5. Arceurotrade are local to me, so I think I'll pop down there to get one of their model 100 or 200 ones. How do you know what size...
3
3

Sensible Flycutting Size
Sometime in the next few weeks I may have a need to do some fairly wide flycutting on some Aluminium plates. Depth of cut won't be really large, just enough over a few passes to get it quite flat. The...
9
9

Boxford and hardinge chucks
Is the threaded back plate and chuck for a hardinge hct chucker the same as a boxford. All the best...mark
4
4

Oil-cooled welders
Hi folks, I'm pondering the question of whether I need a bigger welder. I currently have a Cytringan "Bantam" 180 A oil-cooled machine. It's almost identical to the more common Pickhill and Oxford...
5
5

Hy-Flo air pump overhaul
i am in uk and have found a very good web link for these pumps. they really are quiet when running, and simply awesome to watch. do run very hot, thats normal, there is a link on the page for the...
14
14

chatwin polygon box
Chatwin polygon box Any ideas on how this works, considering it is mounted in the turret? Google revealed nothing apart from one for sale. Bob
8
8

Raglan lathe
Looking for a screwcutting chart for a Raglan lathe. Anyone have a scanned copy please and also confirmation of what DP these change wheels are. This for a friend with one but no internet access. . --...
7
7

Where can I buy a parallel bar ( I need to true my lathe tailstock)
shortbed Harrison M250.
3
3

Running a 3 speed motor from a converter
I'm trying to get a Holbrook C10 running on a 3.7kW Transwave converter; has anyone managed to get multi speed motors working OK on a converter? The C10 has a 3 speed (2860, 1430 and 925 RPM) 2HP...
15
15

Carbide Inserts TNMG and TCMT
Upto now I've been using homeground HSS tools, but having turned (pardon the pun) to machining some cast iron pulleys, finally resorted to carbide tipped tools. Now I'm hooked. When are TNMG style...
6
6

Making a compression from an old refrigerator?
I've heard of people making a compression from an old refrigerator but never seen such a beast. Anyone know of any plans on the web?
11
11

Centec
I have a Centec Automill which I could be tempted to sell if a decent offer was made. However, this is really a production model, 3 phase. Apparently its not very difficult to convert to...

Making injection pump spindles?
I need to sort out a poorly Crossley diesel injection pump. I have 3 spare pump bodies at my disposal, one with the pump plunger seized in place (don't yet know how badly), two with no plunger. The...
12
12

Wood Lathe
Hi, Has anyone here ever built their own (or someone elses) wood lathe? Michael
42
42