Bridgeport

I wonder if any of you chaps know if Bridgeport are still in Leicester, I recall Textron took over. Google searches take me to the USA and Hardinge. Don't fancy the uphill struggle I expect contacting them will bring. I'm after a machine manual for a series 2 MD1 and some touch up paint, which shouldn't be that difficult to get in England, should it ? Bob

Reply to
Nospam

Hmmm, maybe not, though I'm sure the cnc mills are still made up there. Hardinge in Exeter seem to be handling spares, I ought to have know as it was only a month a ago I rang them and was taken aback when the girl answered with "Hardinge Bridgeport"

Hardinge Machine Tools Limited Silverton Road Matford Park Exeter Devon EX2 8NN Tel: +44 (0)1392 208181 Fax: +44 (0)1392 208199 e-mail: snipped-for-privacy@hardinge.co.uk

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

SHould be, as far as I know it's still the european headquarters.

Reply to
Wayne Weedon

Reply to
Nospam

Hardinge bought them after they went bust the other year, but I'm not sure if thast was only the CNC side of the business.

Regards Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

Yes I knew Hardinge bought the lot. But I thought they had kept the Leicester business separate.

Now it seems it's all handled at Exeter.

Wayne...

Reply to
Wayne Weedon