Cant see any recent posts?

For some odd reason I cant see any of the recent posts I sent, or replies about a Heidenhain TNC controller? Must be something to do with IE7 I guess? They must be somewhere, as a reply from Mark (thank you) was found after a Google search found the newsgroup on

Emimec

Strange, I can see this one, but none of the posts previously mentioned?

Reply to
Emimec

see any of the recent posts I sent, or replies

another source

all the best.markj

Reply to
mark

Which news server are you using?

Those TNC posts came through last evening on news.btopenworld.com, your original was timed at 18.04pm.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

Im on BTinternet.com, using outlook express news. Still cant see the posts about TNC or any replies Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Better off using a news reader hooked into a decent news server rather web access.

Steve

Reply to
Steve

What is strange, is that I can see these posts? I wonder if there was something in the original posts that upset the system and some sort of spam thingy rejected the posting ? Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Is there a news server on news.btinternet.com ???

Try the btopenworld server, that's the one we use and it is generally very good. Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

I don`t use a reader,just click straight on to the group.Nearly instant and works fine.

Mark.

Reply to
mark

I hope so, that's what I'm on now. news.btinternet.com Bob

Reply to
Emimec

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 22:56:51 +0100, "Emimec" did e-scribe thusly...:

May not be just IE7... I don't use Windo$e products, yet I've had to reset my configuration for the PAN newsreader this morning... for some reason it wouldn't connect to the server. Even stranger is that like Peter I use BT services which normally works flawlessly.

... wierd... (but possibly not related .. and just a coincidence)

Ian

Reply to
IEB

Try changing over, I think Martin Perman had problems with the btinternet server and made the change.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

There are several bt news servers to choose from:

news.btopenworld.com news.btclick.com news.btinternet.com news.btconnect.com

I'm on the first and can see the posts.

Pat

Reply to
Patrick

I am also on news.btinternet.com (which is the same as news.btopenworld.com) and looking down the list 'Heidenhain TNC145' appeared on sat at 10.21am

Reply to
Neil Ellwood

Neil:

They are not the same servers, btconnect and btinternet for example are totally different servers and setups.

I don't know why btopenworld is better, but it certainly seems that way.

Peter

-- Peter & Rita Forbes Email: snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk

Peter A Forbes

It's a long shot, but have you by chance put your own address on your Blocked Senders list? I did once and it caused me similar problems.

Cliff Coggin.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

Interesting, it wasnt sent until 18.00 on Saturday, and then again at 22.00. The theory of my address being in my blocked senders cant be so to my mind, otherwise I wouldnt be able to see these posts would I ? Bob

Reply to
Emimec

I'm using news.btinternet.com, I think its just an alias for the btopenworld server, but there was a suggestion on the bt.broadband.support group a longtime back that using "btinternet" was better than "btopenworld" for some tech reason I didn't understand, but swapped the naming over anyway, convinced myself it was better so left it at that.

Steve

Reply to
Steve