Casting Boxes

I've now sorted out a furnace and most of the associated kit. However I have no casting boxes (flasks/ cope&drag/ whatever). I could make some wooden ones cheaply but can't help thinking that there must be a bloodly great mountain of the proper metal ones somewhere - after all every school must have had about 25 sets to a single furnace. Some dealers list them but at £30 it's worth making them instead. Anyone know of a cheap source?

Thanks

Charles

Visit

The free pages to buy and sell workshop equipment

Reply to
Charles Ping

There is nothing wrong with wooden flasks! When I did my foundry course at tech school in the 1950s, 1/2 of all of the flasks were wooden. The others were aluminium, cast in the school foundry, using larger wooden flasks!

Steve Rayner

Reply to
Steve R.