chuck changing

Hi all, another question, like I said before i`m new to all this so please bear with me. When I want to change the chuck in my Chester
super B do I undo the three allen screws behind the chuck ? Besr regards Pete.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Yes. There should be an Allen key with a cut-down short end for doing this in the tool kit.
I keep meaning to modify a small ratchet driver to speed things up, but haven't got around to it - as usual.
Add pictures here
βœ–
I don't know that lathe, but that sounds suspiciously like trying to remove the chuck from its back plate, an exercise which is best never done, if at all.
pete wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–

With many of the Chinese import lathes, the backplate is an integral part of the spindle - there is no threaded spindle nose/register as you would have on a Myford or Boxford. Therefore, there is no option but to remove the chuck from the backplate if you want to change chucks.
Regards, Tony
Add pictures here
βœ–
Removing the chuck as it is supplied is a right pain, and can take half an hour. Solution: take out the allen screws (and put them in your bits box) put some 6mm studding in the holes with Loctite and *presto* you can now remove the chuck in seconds with and open-ended spanner.
Peter Harris
pete a ιcrit :

Add pictures here
βœ–
Thanks everyone for the info. Best regards Pete
Add pictures here
βœ–
I am also fairly new at this! What is the procedure for doing the same job on a Hobbymat, please

βœ–