Colchester*Bantam bedway wipers

Can anybody tel me where I can get replasement "Vee bedway wiper" to my Colchester lathe? I have sent enquires to "the Colchester Lathe Company LTD.", but have not had a reply. Any help appreciated

Johs.

Reply to
Johannes Line

Johannes,

I got some nitrile rubber sheet and cut them out using a scalpel - seem to work ok !

Andrew Mawson Bromley, Kent, UK

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Reply to
Hillis McMurray

Try " Colchester Lath Spares" Tel 01206 860 033 Fax 01206 862 299

-- Jonathan

Barnes's theorem; for every foolproof device there is a fool greater than the proof.

To reply remove AT

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes

i second johns post, they are very good, sent me a coolant pump for my chipmaster next day.

Reply to
Tim Bird

I was going to buy felt, there is a music repair place in reading sells the stuff[there is a post about this subject]. I think your looking at a few quid for the stuff. I tried scrounging some, then realised i have half a roll of felt - breather cloth for vacuuming.

-- richard

Reply to
richard

my

IMHO you want to avoid felt if you use coolant. You will get a black mark on the bed where the wiper is left static for more than a day or two. Fairly stiff nitrile rubber is the stuff to use.

Andrew Mawson Bromley, Kent, UK

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

. Fairly

Andrew

Do you know of a source or is it used for other things?

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Don't have the address until I can find it.

I think there is a company called Hill's Rubber based in Reading. Have to dig out an old invoice.

Lionel

Reply to
Lionel

Hill's Rubber Co. Ltd. Industrial rubber product manufrs. Tel: 0118-958 0535. Fax: 0118-950 3083.

85 Bedford Rd Reading Berks RG1 7EZ
Reply to
Lionel