Contraction ruler markings question

"> Oh blimey it's the 24" version - they are lethal - quick - give it

If it's THAT lethal, better ship it to me so it won't infect anyone in the UK :{) Bob in NW US

Reply to
Robert Murray

Andrew,

I've got a 12" Chesterman Type 616D. That has a true scale on each (top) side - one in 1/10 - 1/50 and one in 1/8 - 1/64. The lower scale on one side is marked 'C' 1/120 and the lower one on the other side is marked 'D' 1/10.

If you want it it's yours. I picked it up in my business premises in Bristol and we had no idea where it came from. My business has nothing to do with casting :-)

It is showing its age a bit and could probably do with a bit of a clean up, but its scales are still perfectly legible and the square end still looks quite good. It's also teeped "F TINKER' on one side who, I assume, might have been the original owner,

Jim.

Reply to
jim

Jim,

Very kind offer - you have mail !!!

Regards,

Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

That's is one I have a listing for, could date prior to 1923 and sold in

1923 for 1s 10p... Tom
Reply to
Tom

Whooops - should be 'D' 1/60

Jim.

Reply to
jim

square

I may even be able to find a one shilling coin and ten old pennies - just perhaps pre 1923

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

So long as you're going to throw in a Sir Edgar Elgar as well...

Tom

Reply to
Tom