Cylinder honing

Hi All

I need to hone a hydraulic clylinder to get rid of some scratches whic grit size would you reccomend Thanks Dic

-- rjelli

----------------------------------------------------------------------- rjellis's Profile:

this thread:

rjellis

In message , rjellis writes

Somewhere I have heard of a grit that is deliberately intended to self-destruct. In other words, the particles get smaller as the work progresses.

Reply to
Mike Hopkins

It's called "Time Saver" (US-made). If someone could tell me where to get that in Europe ...

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

Nick,

When I got mine it was from G A Watt, 6A Milton Avenue, Glasgow G72 8BQ, who claimed to be "sole UK distributors".

It comes in two types, green (for hard metals) and yellow (for brass, bronze, aluminium and whitemetal) and each type comes in several grades (I have medium and fine, not sure what others there are.

Unfortunately this was over 10 years ago, and I have no idea if this is still valid. Can't recall how much I paid. I have used maybe 5% of the stuff I got....

Hope this helps,

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

Thanks. I asked the time saver people, but they didn't answer. Does that Mr. G.A. Watt have an eMail or the like? :-)

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

GA Watt Engineering Supplies

7 Woodbank Crofts Westfield Bathgate EH48 3AT(Road Map) West Lothian Tel: 0870 011 1281 Fax: 0870 0111681 Internet:

Contact - Guss Watt

the website is a dead link tho...

Reply to
bigegg