Does Myford answer emails?

About a week ago I sent a detailed email to snipped-for-privacy@myford.com listing various parts that I need to fix my Super 7. I included all the necessary information (Manual page numbers, part numbers, etc) and asked how to go about buying parts. I have not even received an email to say they at least got my request. Is this typical of Myford? I would have expected better.

I understand that arcane technical questions might not get priority, but I want to spend money!

If what I did was not it, What *is* the best to order parts from them?

Reply to
Len S

Unfortunately it is typical in my experience. They generally get around to replying (but don't always) and tend to take at least a couple of days, but often longer !

Don't expect a essay in response either. I've found replies tend to contain the absolute bare minimum of information and are very brief ! I've often had to ask the same question more than once to get an answer.

Jason

Reply to
Jason

They obviously have a phobia about catching "technology" if they spend too much time at a keyboard...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

I really would like to get these Super7 parts. Would I be better off sending a letter? Or should I call them? It would cost a bit to call from the US (it's really silly that email doesn't seem to work), but might be worth it if I knew someone would answer the phone and actually take a credit card order.

Reply to
Len S

Just ring up and ask to order the parts.

The teletype machine they receive emails on is probably out of punch tape ;)

Reply to
Steve Blackmore

try Kirgeng, agent for Myford. no phone number to hand

Reply to
Maurice Hood

I've never had any problems contacting them by phone & they do take credit card orders. The alternative would seem to be to wait for them to advance as far as the end of the 20th century in their use of IT, which might take the best part of another couple of decades.

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Maurice Hood writes .........

Details are

01509 672025

Kirjeng M.E.Services T.W. Holt C.Eng MIMechE

17 Gables Lea Sutton Bonington Leicester LE121 5NW

Absolutely no connection; save that I am still awaiting a response to a letter which I wrote on 26 January 2003 - now over a year ago!

It seems likely that the sins of the Manufacturer may be vested also in the Agent. :)

Reply to
Mike Whittome

I've always found them excellent on the old-fashioned phone. They aren't a BIG firm, so they can be busy. But you DO get to talk to real people, and ones that know their product, and you can ask/discuss/argue with them, quite happily!

They may not be "cheap", but they are a damned good firm.

Dave.

Reply to
speedy2

Reply to
Mr G H Ireland

Well, I got the bushes and lube oil I ordered by phone within a week. G.H.Ireland

Reply to
Mr G H Ireland

I too find Myford (excellent company) to be most helpful when you speak to them on the telephone. To expect people a Myford to get involved in email is asking too much. I don't think Maudsley, Whitworth, Brunell, Stevenson et al would have been bothered either... Too busy making things......??

Donald

Reply to
Donald

Considering the number of complaints over the years on this subject, why don't you, in your next call to them, suggest they remove the email facility?

Let's face it, improved customer service is not what has got Brit industry to where it is today...

Tom

Reply to
Tom

On the contrary, John Stevenson answers his email most promptly ;-)

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Well, I need to set the record straight. They do indeed answer emails. I just got an AIRMAIL letter from Myford (I included my address in the email) explaining that they have tried to contact me by email several times. I think the problem is on my end (pacbell in CA). My faith is restored. I doubt many US companies would resort to regular mail when email wasn't working. They would just let it "slide", as we say.

Reply to
Len S

A lot of firms have stopped bothering with emails on account of the vast amount of junk mail, spam and viruses. Even the makers of Motherboards have stopped all emails. Email has had its day, and is a liability for any organisation, large or small. Its just not worth the hassle. Go back to snail mail, or better, the phone.

A decent typist can rattle off a host of letters in the time it takes for a few emails to be dredged out of the junk.

Myford IS only a small firm, with a small staff. Give them a ring - they are usually very helpful then.

Dave.

Reply to
speedy2