Fitting torrington bearings

Hi got my torrington bearings thanks for the help from newsgroup. I need now to fit them to an oil pump I am making for a 5 gauge locomotive any tips fitting tolerances etc

Reply to
EF

ISTR that needles have a greater squash factor when fitting compared with roller or ball bearings, so you need to watch clearnces/interference fits when designing housings.

I'll have a look at the SKF manual at work, but I think there are pretty specific recommendations about how they go together and how much side loading etc.

The BMC 1100 transfer gear bearings are a classic in how not to do it!

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

, say from helical gears, what sort of end thrust loadings are you expecting. In automotive applications, frequently the thrust loading will change from one End to the other depending on whether you are driving or on the overrun..... that wouldnt be the case now tho would it? steve the grease

Reply to
R L Driver