Guide to 40 series shanks ?

I'm confused - but that often happens these days!

CAT40 - ISO40 - INT40 what are the differences? My Beaver Partsmaster (I think) needs CAT40 - certainly there is no parallel extension above the taper, and the pull stud threads into a 16mm 2mm pitch hole - the the tools I have have a circumferential Vee in the flange and also a Vee notch in the periphery of the flange - though as far as I can see the Vee notch and Vee in the flange take no part in the tool changer cycle.

I've searched for drawings but google has let me down - my copy of machinery handbook is too ancient - any ponters?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

In article , Andrew Mawson writes

My copy of Machinery's (25th, 1996) only has specs for the ANSI version, with UNC threads (hawk, spit). Doesn't even seem to realise there are any metric versions. You are welcome to a scan if they might help, let me know.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

Ive found this:

be helpful.

Dave

Reply to
Dave S

Helps if you search for all the DIN numbers as well. This cropped up at the end of the first page of hits:-

Regards Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand