Happy Christmas One and All

Happy Christmas everyone - I trust that by now you have emptied your stockings, recovered those reamers and end mills from the fancy paper and are tuning the Three Term Controller to cook the turkey having previously had it on the Still for the last few days for bulk alcohol supplies. May the presents under the tree hold all you would wish for, and that eventually you get the oil and swarf out of the carpet

AWEM

ps Google usually has a seasonal logo - what the heck have Marsupials to do with Christmas?

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

This is what Santa brought me. He didn't quite manage to get it under the tree

I'm impatient for all this festivity business to get out of the way, so that I can see what it'll do.

Best wishes to all

Tim

Tim Leech

My family now think I'm easy to buy for as they just get any of those "nerdy engineering things you like", so I woke up to Ivan Laws gear cutting book, the EDM how-to manual, and a book about Brunel.

I hope you all have a content and peaceful day.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Hi Tim, I cannot get any of the pictures & when I tried to contact Onetel

couldn't be found! Can you access them OK?

Reply to
Dave Croft

Peter

What's the EDM how-to manual? Is it EDM for Dummies? If so it might be something I could drop hints about another time ;-)

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

I can't access them either...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Something to do with the Christmas tradition of giving jumpers?

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Happy Christmas from me also.

Not much in the engineering line in my stocking, apart from a motorised tape measure from B&D; however, the Christmas cheer will be assisted by the rather nice bottle of Caol Ila single malt... Slainte!

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

May be a problem with Onetel's servers, they gave up for a while on Friday and have been very slow since. I frequently get 'timed out' messages but pages usually load OK on the second attempt. Try this thread in another place:-

Tim

Tim Leech

That's pretty much it Tim. It shows you how to build a cheap spark eroder for the workshop with parts lists and circuit diagrams and and a how to use it section.It's written by an american but should translate to some fairly straightforward equivalents over here (I hope).

Obviously the sources for parts will be different but with RS, Farnell, & Power Capacitors I imagine this won't be a problem. And it's written more for mechanical rather than electronic engineers (good for me!!). Its ISBN no. 0-9767596-0-8. My brother got it from Camden Miniature Steam Services.

Btw your pictures came up fine for me, rather a nice chuck of old iron that, I'm not jealous at all....

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Thanks Peter.

I've got a fairly ancient commercially made desktop EDM, it all appered to function last time I tried it but I never got round to getting any fluid for it. A simple 'how to' book might give me the incentive to dig it out & play. Trouble is it's easily buried behind other stuff. Maybe Santa will bring me a bigger workshop next Christmas...... (well, there's no harm in hoping!! )

That's all right then

Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service

Reply to
Tim Leech

No wonder Santa has a bloody hernia! (The first wouldn't open)

:-)...and to you --

Chris Edwards

On or around Mon, 25 Dec 2006 09:56:45 +0000, Tim Leech enlightened us thusly:

Apart from "not fit into the shed"?

I was looking at one of them a bit back. reckoned to be a fine machine, and that one looks reasonably intact and complete, too.

Reply to
Lord Austin the Ebullient of H

Fred Dibnah book, 8" Angle Grinder, Spitfire book, usual bottle of Chanel (but very nice) D-Day DVD and the usual selection of clothes etc.

One unusual item was an EWS (English Welsh & Scottish Railway) lapel badge that Rita picked up from an ex-employee on ebay. They are one of our main customers but it is an unusual item to have in the stocking!

We've been unusually busy at the factory, worked the past two weekends to get stuff ready for a trip to Carlisle and Edinburgh on Thursday/Friday, then hopefully we'll have the following week off!

Happy Xmas to all.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Hi, all. Just finished the meal that I spent all morning cooking. Next year I'll just put on an oil-drum full of stew.

Got woken up this morning by a call to get into a locked-up server at work. Easy one to fix and got me up before the alarm that I'd set. Why people think that there will be power station managers doing online ordering today I don't know. Still, three hours pay at time and a half was a nice present from work...

That's a nice prezzie that Tim got. Good job that Father Christmas has got a towing hitch on the back of the sleigh, wot!

I've just been given a container of 'Mr Taylor's Moustache Wax' Presumably this is an indication that I should no-longer go around looking like a tramp. I think that I'm going off to find a friendly bottle :-)

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand