Help Viewing Long Topics

As far as I am aware Eudora, Thunderbird, Turnpike, ZIMACS and the plethora of other news readers/e-mail clients have absolutely no connection with IBM or Micky$oft, so your assertion that moving to a minor O/s and using a minor newsreader will be a benefit is totally false.

If anything it has to be a negative move because there are so few other users to call on in the event that your mind-set is not the same as the programmer who wrote the software.

JG

Reply to
JG

Sorry to the rest of you for replying to on an off topic subject but in this case I feel that I must.

I did not expect or recommend that you all move on to a different operating system. I was just stating what I myself consider to be the best news and email reader and I stand by that opinion.

The other point I was make trying to make was that the British BBC/Archimedes/risc pc operating systems were far ahead of what microsoft produce and remain so.

What happens. A few clever boys in Cambridge develop something better than anything else in the world at that time. Then a student in America buys a very much more inferior system from a pal for a pint of beer and sells the idea to IBM. Despite its inadequacy this became the "industry standard" and remains so.

Sad isn't it.

One last point is that the comp.acorn.sys groups are still active and I can get help or speak to the one who wrote a program with no problem. Not only that these groups are polite, practical, helpfull and not much different than this group.

Sorry about all that. Back on topic. I must now get on to sorting out a problem with a Seagull outboard.

Donald. South Uist

Reply to
Donald