Hoo-Blooming-Ray - at last !!!

Well it's been a long time coming, but at last contracts have been exchanged and the Mawson circus rolls on 29th of this month.

Oh boy what a palaver! We are number seven in a chain of nine, and everything that could go atray happened in the chain below us, including lost deposits, unarranged contents insurance, lost solicitors, and a contract that had to be biked from Wakefield to Dartford and back !

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

So when's the 'housewarming' for the new workshop, and is it bring-a-tool instead of bring-a-bottle?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Well a Hog Roast will be organised shortly after we are there, but I'm afraid that the 'soon to be workshop' currently is divided into 27 dog kennels which need loads of breeze block partitions demolishing and the floor re-laying, so the tools are going into storage over the winter in a local farm barn.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

aha, I spy a 'Bring a sledge hammer' party ;)

Dave

Reply to
dave sanderson

..hehe... I've just arranged the delivery of the JCB, and the hydraulic concrete breaker sits in my garage awaiting unlashing

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

So you will be in the doghouse more often than usual :-)

Mark.

Reply to
mark

I can vouch for the fact that Mrs M seems remarkably easy going about Andrew's toys. Either that or she's given up hope....

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

about

Charles, she's just looked over my shoulder and confirmed the later ... she's given up hope but hopes to see you at the Hog Roast

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Who does she hope to see *as* the hog roast?

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

BTW - Please post some photos of the wagon train from Bromley as you load up and then block the road for hours.

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Place a camera on the rearmost of the convoy. A picture of the neighbours as you depart will be priceless

Lead vehicle MUST carry cups, coffee, sugar, milk, frying pan, kippers and 5 gallons of red diesel for the JCB.

Reply to
John Stevenson

kippers

..hehe.. 5 gallons won't go far! JCB going by low loader on Monday. Workshop contents by hiab flatbed on Tues/Wed/Thurs then following Mon/Tues./Wed. Moving house contents is a doddle by comparison !

Bromley will then start rising out of the magma

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

I grew-up in Bromley and have always been happy I left - I guess at that depth the only way is up ;-)

Richard

Reply to
Richard

But leaving Kent for Sussex can't be up surely!

Henry

Who grew up in the area of Kent just over the border from where Andrew is going.! My that was a while ago!

Reply to
Dragon

Andrew is

Well if it helps, the house that we were previously after (and fell through) was just over the border into Kent - Sandhurst in fact

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Well at least you won't have to suffer the squaddies square-bashing in your living room

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

God, that was a little too close for comfort :)

Cliff.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

I know frightening isn't it. I bet Kent breathed a sigh of relief, it's took them this long to get over the Germans trying to land.

.
Reply to
John Stevenson

We still have bits of a Heinkel bomber in the pub, but it wouldn't be the same with kippers nailed to the wall.

Cliff.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

message

You can't nail kippers up - far too tasty

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson