insurance

I was with AXA before and they covered me how I wanted. They covered me as so.......contents of the house and out buildings up to =A338,000....... it didnt matter either way ......if i had a fire in the workshop and the whole lot was lost I would get =A338,000.......or fire in the house =A338,000......if both happend I would loose out ......but the chances of that happening werte a million to one so I was quite happy with this insurance as it was. Now AXA.... I've been insured for years with....and I have been more than happy with......AXA have given up on insurance .....and moved on. AXA NO LONGER DO INSURANCE FOR ANYONE Now they have passed me over to the RAC ......who dont want to cover me the way I was before...... Does anyone know of an insurance company that will cover me as stated above .......or if not can someone recomend a "new way" of going about things that is goiung to be minimal of extra cost to me.

I recon I've got more value contents-wise in the workshop than in the house. I'm aiming at a target figure of less than =A3150 for a years cover. last years premium was =A3130

all the best.......mark

Reply to
mark

My advice is: Go to a local Independent Financial Adviser, sit down and talk to him/her. A good one will be helpful and they will help with any claim. Direct may seem cheaper BUT you are then the expert and on your own! hth

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Find a good local Insurance Broker, or as Roly says, a Financial Adviser who will probably have the right connections.

Our guy does all our insurances, house and factory plus vehicles.

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

Broker is a generic term that includes both tied agents and IFAs. Even those terms are changing. ttfn Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Peter Writes ..............

You might be surprised, Peter, just go through the cupboards (starting with the airing cupboard) and make a quick list. Then bedding, crockery, cutlery, kitchen equipment all add up to horrific sums these days. Add on your furniture and clothing. And you haven't touched any of your goodies yet.

That is unless you have a workshop to really die for!!!!!!!!! Lucky bloke.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Whittome

Thanks to Wilf Baker I am now insured with the nation-wide-building society. they do the piolicy that covers an equal amount for outbuildings and home contents.....that's exactly what I wanted. cost a tincy bit more =A3167 I did mention your name to them Wilf...but sadly they have no rewards scheme. thanks all the best...mark

Reply to
mark