Klein Nibbler, Model 76011B

Looking to buy one of the above in the UK, cannot find a source.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId 051&langId=-1&catalogId&productId0647884&N=+500061+10401004+10000003
Can anyone help please? Don
On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 08:11:23 +0000, Donwill

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId 051&langId=-1&catalogId&productId0647884&N=+500061+10401004+10000003
RS sell a similar device:
http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R 47773
Regards, Tony
Tony Jeffree wrote:

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/search/searchBrowseAction.html?method=getProduct&R 47773
Thanks Tony,
The type that RS sells used to be called a Monex ?? or a similar word I cann't remember.I used to have one of each pre retirement and the Monex type was useless but the Klein type was brilliant for trimming small rectangular shaped holes in thin sheet metal panels.
Don
Donwill wrote:

I have one of the RS one's and it's only really any use for roughing out. The klein one looks like it is designed to 'punch' rather than 'shear', and *I* would be interested in finding a source as well. I have one of the ratched punches, but you can't get ready folded boxes under that, and currently I end up attacking them with a drill and file :(
I really am getting pissed off with Google, MSN, Ask and the rest. 95% 'noise' just makes it useless. I actually had a spam phonecall from the UK google sales people trying to get me to 'improve my rating' by paying for advertising. I told them - when they "provide something that works ring me back" ;) Main problem is that the 'UK' filter is a waste of screen space!
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------
Lester Caine wrote:

Google is getting a real pain however doesn't seem to be an alternative. I second your UK filter sentiments, it just does not work.
I think I've found a source for the nibbler or at least something similar, but expensive. http://www.metalsmith.co.uk/nibbler-tool.htm
I might treat myself to a "New Year" present :-) regards Don
On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 08:46:10 +0000, Donwill
Monodex I think...
Regards, Tony
On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 08:46:10 +0000, Donwill

If you have a compressor, there are various air powered ones available...
Regards, Tony
Tony Jeffree wrote:

I may have found it at :http://www.metalsmith.co.uk/nibbler-tool.htm
Expensive though
Don
Donwill wrote:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId 051&langId=-1&catalogId&productId0647884&N=+500061+10401004+10000003
Don - I've just bought one from the US - via fleebay ... 24 all in but I've got three controller boxes to make this month .....
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------
Lester Caine wrote:

Cheaper than the one I found, that was 27-50
Ill have a look at fleebay, what delivery time did you get? Don
Donwill wrote:

I normally expect a week since Parcelfarce will be handling delivery :(
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

have you seen these
http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Axminster-Power-Nibbler-23286.htm
all the best.markj

I have a similar nibbler to this one purchased from RDG. It is an excellent tool for cutting sheet metal and priced at only 16.60 + vat. Look up www.rdgtools.co.uk ref 741. RDG also has an electric nibbler that will cut up to 3 mm steel (ref 98532). This is a self contained unit but is rather expensive at around 100. Mike
On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 08:11:23 +0000, Donwill
http://www.rapidonline.com/Tools-Fasteners-Production-Equipment/Hand-Tools/Cutters-Snips/Nibbler/36734/kw/86-2150
Peter Parry wrote:

http://www.rapidonline.com/Tools-Fasteners-Production-Equipment/Hand-Tools/Cutters-Snips/Nibbler/36734/kw/86-2150
Yes, it is a nibbler rather than the Monodex thing which is more of a shears, it depends how easy it is to use, I know the Klein one and it fits into the hand very well, but this is cheap so I may try it. Thanks Don
On Thu, 07 Jan 2010 14:43:08 +0000, Donwill

They have a standard shipping charge of about a fiver though...
Regards, Tony
Donwill wrote:

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId 051&langId=-1&catalogId&productId0647884&N=+500061+10401004+10000003

Thanks for all the advice, suggestion etc. Decided in the end to follow Lester Caine's lead and ordered one from the states via Fleabay.
An interesting little occurence during the ordering process; when I pressed the "buy now" button a red panel came up saying to the effect that I wouldn't be allowed to buy a weapon from the states. I noticed that the advert from that particular site mentioned that the nibbler came complete with "blade", I assume that the word "blade" must have triggered the cancellation of the order and the red panel warning. Ordering same tool from another site which didn't have the word "blade" in it proceeded normally. Cheers Don