Klein Nibbler, Model 76011B

Looking to buy one of the above in the UK, cannot find a source.

Can anyone help please? Don

Reply to
Donwill

RS sell a similar device:

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Thanks Tony,

The type that RS sells used to be called a Monex ?? or a similar word I cann't remember.I used to have one of each pre retirement and the Monex type was useless but the Klein type was brilliant for trimming small rectangular shaped holes in thin sheet metal panels.

Don

Reply to
Donwill

I have one of the RS one's and it's only really any use for roughing out. The klein one looks like it is designed to 'punch' rather than 'shear', and *I* would be interested in finding a source as well. I have one of the ratched punches, but you can't get ready folded boxes under that, and currently I end up attacking them with a drill and file :(

I really am getting pissed off with Google, MSN, Ask and the rest. 95% 'noise' just makes it useless. I actually had a spam phonecall from the UK google sales people trying to get me to 'improve my rating' by paying for advertising. I told them - when they "provide something that works ring me back" ;) Main problem is that the 'UK' filter is a waste of screen space!

Reply to
Lester Caine

Monodex I think...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

If you have a compressor, there are various air powered ones available...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

I may have found it at :

Expensive though

Don

Reply to
Donwill

Don - I've just bought one from the US - via fleebay ... £24 all in but I've got three controller boxes to make this month .....

Reply to
Lester Caine

Google is getting a real pain however doesn't seem to be an alternative. I second your UK filter sentiments, it just does not work.

I think I've found a source for the nibbler or at least something similar, but expensive.

I might treat myself to a "New Year" present :-) regards Don

Reply to
Donwill

Cheaper than the one I found, that was £27-50

Ill have a look at fleebay, what delivery time did you get? Don

Reply to
Donwill

I normally expect a week since Parcelfarce will be handling delivery :(

Reply to
Lester Caine

have you seen these

all the best.markj

Reply to
mark

Peter Parry

Yes, it is a nibbler rather than the Monodex thing which is more of a shears, it depends how easy it is to use, I know the Klein one and it fits into the hand very well, but this is cheap so I may try it. Thanks Don

Reply to
Donwill

I have a similar nibbler to this one purchased from RDG. It is an excellent tool for cutting sheet metal and priced at only =A316.60 + vat. Look up

ref 741. RDG also has an electric nibbler that will cut up to 3 mm steel (ref 98532). This is a self contained unit but is rather expensive at around =A3100. Mike

Reply to
mike

They have a standard shipping charge of about a fiver though...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Thanks for all the advice, suggestion etc. Decided in the end to follow Lester Caine's lead and ordered one from the states via Fleabay.

An interesting little occurence during the ordering process; when I pressed the "buy now" button a red panel came up saying to the effect that I wouldn't be allowed to buy a weapon from the states. I noticed that the advert from that particular site mentioned that the nibbler came complete with "blade", I assume that the word "blade" must have triggered the cancellation of the order and the red panel warning. Ordering same tool from another site which didn't have the word "blade" in it proceeded normally. Cheers Don

Reply to
Donwill