Lead me from temtptation...

Just browsing fleabay, as I do when I'm bored and I spotted a very recent (relatively) Beaver mill. Looks to be 30INT, but it also looks like a 56"
table, 6" raising block and the optional optical readouts:-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item '0503321458
Please, somebody help protect my overdraft!
Mark Rand(no connection, unfortunately) RTFM
Mark Rand wrote:

Come on Mark pull yourself together! Of course you need it. Everyone needs a Christmas present!
Bob

Absolutely...amd its only 300 of your money so it sounds like a real bargain to me ;-)
"Nice beaver" as he said in Police Academy...
Regards, Tony
On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 22:48:17 +0000, Mark Rand

So were you Bidder 1? I nearly was but decided that I did not have enough room <G> The riser block would have gone back on Ebay as I certainly did not have enough height as it was!
Richard
On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 17:18:13 +0000, Richard Edwards

No. Discretion proved the better part of common sense. So I'll end up spending several years rebuilding my basket case 1959 MkI instead rather than just cleaning up that relatively complete, mid-60's MkII with tenth's reading optical readout.
Someone got a very good deal, methinks.
Ho Hum
Mark Rand RTFM

ive noticed in the past that machines adverticed over the christmas period go for high prices.
will guess it will go for 600 plus ..maybe as much as 900
lets see .
all the best.markj

whoops didnt notice it had sold and had BIN on it .
all the best.markj
On Thu, 24 Dec 2009 14:11:09 -0800 (PST), mark
I guess its "bin" and gone then...
Regards, Tony
. So I'll end up spending

Was a nice machine and cheap.You might have found that come the spring when people have some cash again that you would have got as much for your one so were really just hitting the o/draftfor a few months. I had one myself many years ago.Now got two cnc Beavers. I don`t really like optics (unless they have spirits in them) as you can`t really watch them during a cut like you can a dro.
Mark.(Scotland)

Well done Mark. You've certainly cheered up Mr Rand there - and at Christmas as well. He was probably only trying to convince himself (in vain) that he made the right decision anyway.
Sadly those of us with long memories can still recall roughly how much the tired 1959 Beaver cost Mark and can't fault your logic - the better one wouldn't have increased his overdraft by more than 100 when offset against the knackered one. Less than the bearings that he'll inevitably have to buy!
Bah Humbug and all that
Charles