Steam to the rescue/

Due to a bit of snow and ice on the 750V third-rail on Monday, a few trains didn't run in Kent. Luckily, there was a nice new A1 Pacific in the region to give stranded passengers a ride back to London :-

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

I wasn't close enough to see Tornado from home as it went through Staplehurst and Headcorn, but the whistle could be heard and the plume of steam was visible. What memories it evoced from childhood!

Cliff Coggin.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

The quote was brilliant - "If any of the train operators want to modernise their services by using steam trains, I would be happy to give them a quote."

At £3M probably cheaper than a Pendolino too...

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

_Carriages_ are a bit over a million quid a throw these days!

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Was gonna say...